Chapter 6: A Bump In The Road

Author's Note: Thank you guys for helping this story reach 400(+), so far. Aforementioned, this will be a short story, so it's coming to an end soon - about four chapters left + an epilogue; but the epilogue is still being debated. I decided to do this chapter in third person, for a change. I hope you all enjoy :)

Louis' was feeling a bit defeated today, not being able to understand what was going on with Harry. Even after all the comforting he was able to do in the car, on their way home, Harry went right back to an emotional state. The only thing Louis was able to do was to comfort him and whisper soothing words - he would've done more, but that's all he know how to do. This was all new to him, never having to deal with this sort of phobia, as far as himself goes, and he had never known anyone else who had to deal with it as well. So, where would he begin? How would he be able to help and assure Harry that this would soon past. He couldn't wrap his mind around how the younger lad felt because, aforementioned, he's never experienced it before. Worse scenario possible - Harry would go into some type of withdrawal and probably avoid him, and all others, locking himself up in his room the moment he got home from school; on the other hand, he might be stubborn about the situation and not seek out helping, slowly allowing this fear to engulf him in some sort of dark matter. Either way, Louis was devastated at the thought of never being able to see Harry again.

He's falling hard and it's a feeling he has no control over. Just when he felt like everything was reaching its' peak, just when he might be able to have an inkling of what love is like, it's slowly slipping out of his finger tips. Sadly, all of this even caused him to cut one of his classes today and he decided to spend it within one of the campuses' grass fields. Usually, it was a cozy spot, right near a fountain and a few trees to keep some shade; however, today, it was a little windy, so it was hard to relax. He didn't want to return to his dorm because Jaymi would just pester him about the subject and he didn't really want to talk about it. At least, not with him. He wanted to talk to Harry, see him, and comfort him some more. Even if he felt a little hopeless, being with Harry would still take some of his doubts away. Besides family, he's never really cared about someone this much. Sure, Jaymi was his best friend; but Harry was unlocking deeper emotions within him, ones that he was kind of being too careful to spill because he didn't know if it would be the right time to say anything. 

Then again, when will there be a right time - when Harry decides to never see him again? When Harry becomes more ill and ends up in the hospital on his death bed? When Harry is gone and there's nothing Louis can do, but leave behind a heart-felt letter and cry about how he wish he would have told him sooner? Of course, he also knew he was exaggerating because he's never known anyone to die because of a phobia like this; but what if Harry decided to do something was crazy and courageous as going to a place with large open water and taking it head on? He would drown and Louis wouldn't be able to live with himself. Again, these were just thoughts and probably nothing truthful. He couldn't help that his mind was swarming with such negativity; but there's nothing positive about the situation. Not yet, anyway. He would see to it that Harry would know it's okay to be scared and that it's okay to cry every once and a while. He also wanted Harry to know that he would be there each and every time because...really, that's what you do when you love someone, right? If he was being quite honest with himself, there was no other explanation for these feelings. He couldn't conjure anything else.

He wasn't sure if it was the kind of love and affectionate you show any and everyone you care about or if he was in love; it was too soon to tell. Then again, Louis had never really been in love before. He came close, so he likes to think. Back in high school, he had a sweetheart that he committed himself to for two years, only for it to end when they went their separate ways for college. It was for dealing with the transition; but he coped and he got over that guy. Not because he wanted to, but because the guy started treating him as though he was stranger - as if he didn't just spend the best two years of his life with him; on the other hand, when it came to Harry, Louis could see something entirely different in him. He was more sincere, without even trying to be. He was funny and his personality was different, without him trying hard at all. Harry was just a natural at...well, everything. Why wouldn't anyone fall for him? Louis would be a fool to think it was anything else, so he accepted it. He was slowly, but surely, falling in love with Harry.