Chapter 9: Luck Strikes Twice

Author's Note: 1,100(+) views. Thank you! :) Sorry for not uploading last weekend. I took a bit of a break from doing any writing. Sadly, there's only one more chapter left, but I really did enjoy writing this. Enjoy! x

One Month Later.

Harry's Point Of View.

This past month had been one of the toughest, yet simplistic moments I've had in my life for a while. On the bright side of things, Liam and I were able to make it past that kiss we shared and we've even managed to get closer, if possible. My phobia had became manageable and I no longer suffered any type of physical pain - whether internal, or exterior wise - and my mental state was stable. School became my first priority, as well as getting back to helping out at the bakery more. Relationship wise, with my mum, things were going better than before; we reached a new understanding of one another and she started to treat me as more of adult figure, while leaving her arms open when I needed her most.

On the down side, Niall and I still hadn't spoken or mended any of our issues. I don't know if I was waiting for an apology or just too stubborn to be the first one to say anything. Whenever I see him around school, he would glance for only a second, then continue on with his day. Zayn always gave me a sympathetic look; however, he continued to stick by Niall's side. I guess that's understanding - I would do the same for the one I loved. Sadly, I hadn't seen or heard from Louis either. Everything I had hoped wouldn't happen did - he completely cut me off. The texts and calls stopped, he doesn't stop by the bakery, and he ignores my texts and calls now. Sadly, I don't blame him and I now see how he must've been feeling when the tables were turned.

I hadn't always made the best decisions and I had realized that I waited a bit too late; I couldn't stop loving him, even if I tried. I didn't have a single clue why I didn't just scream it out to him that day he came into the bakery. That's what I wanted to do and maybe it would have been able to make a difference. Maybe I wouldn't be feeling this lost without him. He came into my life and had managed to change it around in just a short amount of time and I was foolish enough to let that slip away. It doesn't help that my therapist is always making him the topic of discussion and she is still waiting to meet him. What exactly do I tell her? - how I wasn't being mindful and considerate of his feelings, too busy living within the deep depths of mine? How I ignored his texts and calls, though he was concerned and scared for my well-being? Not exactly something I would be proud to announce.

Per usual, Liam and I bid farewell with a hug, as I awaited my mother's arrival. Today was my last day of having to attend therapy and I made a lot of progression, if I might say so myself. Opening up to Jennifer wasn't as complex as I thought it would be; she always found a way to make me go deeper into my problems and even some unknown things I didn't know I really dealt with, or felt, would surface. Even my mum has been very happy with my progression to the point to where she proposed a small party at the bakery. Of course, I didn't turn that offer down. I feel at ease, more alive than I had been feeling since all of these conflicts began. Even so, there's still someone I need, out there.

"Harry?" Upon my name being called, I turned around and saw Niall standing at the entrance of the school's main building. He ran down the stairs in my direction, and straight into my arms. "I'm so sorry." He mumbled against the fabric of my clothing, though still clearly enough for me to comprehend. I wrapped my arms around him, placing kisses upon his head; he was so fragile, but even I've never seen him elicit this much emotion our entire friendship. He continuously mumbled his apologies, both of us melting into our embrace. There wasn't much that needed to be said because all was forgiven and I missed him more than I thought I did. Niall pulled away, cheeks moist from his tears. "I really am sorry, Harry."

"And I really do believe you, Ni." We chuckled and he shoved me away, playfully.

"And I just wanted to say good luck on your last day at therapy." I gave him a confused look, wondering how he knew of my schedule. "Liam filled me in a bit. He's pretty much been giving me all the details, since we weren't on speaking terms. That was the only way I could still feel like I was apart of your life." His head hung low, cheeks crimson-red.