chapter 1: sweet child of mine

The bright sun filled the dorm room and made a warmth spread over every one who felt it

The bright sun filled the dorm room and made a warmth spread over every one who felt it. Six sleeping bodies lied in their beds soaking up the moments before the dreaded alarms woke everyone up to start the day.

However Remus's alarm wasn't in the form of the annoying beeping sound that came from the small box on his night table. It was the little cold feet that kicked at his back until he got up. That little girl always seemed to turn into a boxer in the night.

Lily was the first to wake up in the dorm, kissing James lightly on his head before stealing the first shower after greeting Remus who sat at his desk trying not to fall asleep on his homework. James and Sirius were the ones who would role over in bed to soak in more sleep, not waking up until they absolutely had too. And Peter, this was his homework time, being more of a procrastinator than anyone to ever exist.

Remus on the other hand, had to get himself ready before his daughter woke up. His four year old little girl he had when he was thirteen. A complicated story, with a lot of rocky patches but he wouldn't trade it for the world. He loved his little girl and she was the only reason why he kept going.

Remus changed into his uniform, regular black pants, a white button up that tucked in to his pants, a red and gold tie, and even though his teachers hated it he wore hoodies everyday along with basic black shoes that were more like runners than actual dress shoes. His hair stayed the same everyday and he left it untouched. He would brush his teeth with his daughter when she was ready and when Lily was no longer in the bathroom. He packed his bag and tidied up his space a bit from the disaster that was his daughter.

And as he was pacing he heard the small movements of his daughters shifting in his bed. He stood straight and looked at her with a smile as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and gave another yawn.

"Morning Daddy." The young girl smiled at her father.

"Good Morning Aliyah." Remus held out his arms and the girl stood up in the bed running into her fathers arms to give him a morning hug. "I love you," Remus said, the three words being ones he wanted Aliyah to be familiar with. He never wanted her to feel unloved.

"I love you too daddy," she smiled with a toothy grin.

"Can you go pick out some clothes and get dressed while I finish up some homework?" Remus asked his daughter.

She silently nodded but they both knew she would be taking a rain check, like all other mornings. She had to make her rounds. Only not to Peter he was busy at the moment and Aliyah always greeted him at breakfast when he would teach her about all the ways you can incorporate chocolate to anything.

First was Sirius, she climbed on his bed and started to jump on him, "munchkin," Sirius grumbled, "why must you do this to your favourite uncle?"

"Because it's fun," the little girl giggled.

Sirius picked the girl up and threw her in the air multiple times as she giggled even more. Sirius loved the small child that seemed to run the marauders, she had all four wrapped around her finger, Lily knew that Aliyah would have a hard time with boyfriends or girlfriends as they would all be there inspecting whomever she chose.

"Why not you go wake James up?"

"Okay!" Aliyah jumped off the bed, the pads of her feet making little noise as she runs over to James and climbs on his bed. But instead of jumping on him she hugged him because James said he liked hugs in the morning instead of pain. And Aliyah listened, to people who weren't her father.

"Uncle Prongs!"

"Little Moony!" James cheered along with the girl.

James talked to the little girl until he had to take a shower. Then Aliyah ran to Lily who picked her up and would put fake makeup on the girl with her makeup brushes and do her hair in extravagant ways for the day.

Today Lily had done a braided crown in her hair along with adding some flowers. Then Lily helped her pick something to wear. And she had worn exactly what Lily had picked, a beautiful white dress with a jean jacket, and little ballerina flats with bows on them.

"Oh my, don't you look beautiful," Remus said throwing his satchel over his shoulder.

Aliyah nodded her head with a bright smile, "I hungry daddy."

"Then we better go," Remus picked up his daughter and ran out the door followed by all his friends. It was time for the first day of seventh year, one that was bound to be just as much a disaster as the rest, but when was raising a child anything but?