𝗜𝗩

"Stop romanticising REAL criminals. Istg y'all be like 'Ted Bundy could destroy me.' That's the problem. He literally would."
-your wise author
_______________________________

A little while later, the couple was in the library, silently studying. Correction, Tom as silently studying, and Y/n was pretedning to read, looking up at Tom every minute or two, wondering how she could get his attention before she explodes with boredom. She sighed dramatically, praying to Merlin Tom would pay attention to the sigh. But he didn't. So she sighed again and again until she finally caught the attention of the curly haired boy.

"Hmph," Y/n sighed. 'God this is so pick me...oh well. It's Tom Riddle...' she thought. "HMPH!"

Tom looked up from his book, unamused. "What." he said in a more demanding tone rather than a question. Y/n crossed her arms, tilting her head and rasiing her eyebrow. Due to the lack of response, Tom returned the look, causing Y/n to roll her eyes.

"You're not paying attention to me."

"...You agreed to study with me though," Tom replied. "In case you forgot, I need to study with utter silence," Tom said, leaning forward and booping her nose. An action that he did often.

"No, I didn't forget..." Y/n replied, giving up on getting his attention and looking back at her book, letting the words come and go as quick as she read them.

Tom noticed this, and lifted her chin with his index finger, feeling a bit guilty for not giving her attention. It might just be because she's clingy, but every time Tom spends time with her, she always acted like it was the last moment they would ever spend together. Y/n looked into his eyes as he looked deeply in hers. And he gave her a small peck.

"Sorry," Tom replied before turning his full attention to the book in front of him again.

Y/n leaned back in her chair, her legs up to her chest as she bit her thumb nail. Her gaze landed on Tom, then his hair that fell carefully onto his forehead, then his broad shoulders, then his hands.

Those damn hands.

Those beautiful,

masculine,

hands.

Y/n found herself licking her lips at the thought of what those hands could do. Oh man just imagine him ch-

"You're looking at my hands again," Tom said, not lifting his head.

Y/n jumped a bit, suddenly realising that Tom wasn't a picture. He was real, which meant he could see what she was doing, and she could't stare at him freely. But she just couldn't help it. What a beautiful neckla-

"Y/n, stop."

"Sorry..." Y/n replied. 'It's just that...how can your hands be so beautiful? I mean I didn't even script it.' Y/n thought. As she looked up at him,  he had an eyebrow raised, looking at her with curiousity. Just as Y/n was going to ask what he was thinking about, Tom spoke.

"What do you mean you didn't script it?"

'Oh fuck, did I say that outloud? Probably did, he can't read my mind..well fuck it.'

"Yankee Pank-"

Tom instantly covered her mouth before she could return back to her current reality. Y/n's eyes widened when she realised that Tom might now about her shifting. She mumbled something, giving in. Tom took his hand away, allowing her to speak.

"I knew you were smart but I didn't think you'd actually find out I'm not from here," Y/n said, a smile spread across her face, but her eyes were filled with guilt. So she didn't dare look at him. So she didn't notice that clueless face Tom was wearing. Having no idea what she was talking about.

"What do you mean you're not from here?" Tom asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

Y/n took a chance to look at him, and her face matched his. Filled with confusion. At that moment, realisation hit her. He didn't have a single clue about shifting. The reason he covered her mouth was because she's said yankee pankee before. And he absolutely hated it when she said it. So he must've saw it coming, and saved himself from getting annoyed.

'Y/n, Y/n you dumbass... You can't lie to him now... You can't leave now, you don't have any other choice than to tell him...'

Tom was looking at her with a mixture of betrayal, and confusion. Perhaps he thought she was a muggle. Well, in a way, she is. But still, he's going to find out the person he trusted with his affection is a muggle . The very thing he was planning to make extinct. There was a moment of silence of just Y/n looking at him with guilt.

"Darling?" Tom said in a whisper.

"Hey let's...let's go to the Room of Requirement, okay?"

Y/n took his hand in hers, leading him to the room he introduced her to about a month ago. Tom reluctantly followed, lost in his thoughts as he looked at the girl he thought he knew well. Though that, of course, was about to be proven wrong.

As they made their way into the room, Y/n sat him down on the couch as she sat next to him, caressing her hand. 'Geez, I feel like a mum settling their kid down before announcing a divorce,' Y/n thought as she took a deep breath, shutting her eyes 'It's okay, Y/n. Right after this you can script he forgot anything about this conversation...'

"Tom I-"

"You're a muggle."

'Dang, he cut me off. How rude,' Y/n thought to herself. She stayed silent. Not being able to find her words. Now wasn't the time to be humorous. The boy was going to find out about something he had never heard about, nor knew was even possible. And that alone, says a lot.

"You lied to me, Y/n."

"Goddamnit you lie to everyone else!"

"You know my hatred towards muggles!"

"YES TOM I KNOW BUT-"

"Why'd you lie? You lied to everyone!"

"Just stop cutting me off so I can explain!"

"Fine. Explain."

And so Y/n explained how she wasn't from this reality. How she eventually had to go back to hell called her current reality without anyone noticing. How Tom and everyone else were all made up by this transphobe called Just Kidding Rowling. She expected Tom's jaw to drop, or perhaps cry because his existence was all because of a transphobe. Or go crazy when he found out he was almost killed by a baby. But no, he stayed unusually calm. Well, except for the Rowling part where he seemed to be fuming with anger and rant about how important Trans rights were.

After about half an hour of explaining, Y/n looked at Tom, who was leaning forward, with his elbows on his legs and he seemed to be deep in thought as his hands fiddled slightly. His eyebrows were furrowed, his leg was shaking, as he stared straight ahead.

"Teach me."

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in like 3 months. I'm gonna be updating here more until I get past my writers block on The Heirs. Lol.