02. CHAOS

‧₊ ·˚ ༘❁ ┊𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒐𝒔 ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ꒰ ✎ ꒱ؘ𝚆𝚁𝙾𝙽𝙶 𝙼𝙾𝚅𝙴, 𝖺 𝖿𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝗌𝗍𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗍 𝖿𝖺𝗇𝖿𝗂𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇

𝚆𝚁𝙾𝙽𝙶 𝙼𝙾𝚅𝙴, 𝖺 𝖿𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝗌𝗍𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗍 𝖿𝖺𝗇𝖿𝗂𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇

𝑹onnie was currently at Sunnyvale's football field listening to the mayor's speech.

"This isn't how I wanted to be here tonight. I wanted to be here as a fan. Our Sunnyvale Devils and your Shadyside Witches throwing down some good old American football. Instead, I find myself here as a husband, a father, as a neighbor. And, yes, the mayor of Sunnyvale. And on behalf of all of the people in my town, I say all of Sunnyvale mourns with you."

Ronnie sighed, not caring about Sunnyvale and the mayor. She turned her head and spotting Sam. Sam and Ronnie lived next door to each other since they were 2, after Sam moved they instantly lost contact. She smiles and waves at Sam, but she was too busy to notice her.

Ronnie only tuned back in when the same voice she had heard earlier that morning of Sheriff Goode began speaking up. "My family's been in Sunnyvale for generations, and now my brother is the mayor and I am your sheriff. We've prospered here. And yet, I've seen you, our neighbors in Shadyside, suffer tragedy after tragedy."

She rolled her eyes and began making her way towards the front of the crowd hoping she would see her mom.

"It's easy in times like this to drown in questions of why... why this happened. But I know too well there are no answers that will provide relief. There's no peace found in the past. We must not fall into darkness. We must look to the light." Goode continued, trying to bring the two communities together.

"Yeah! Why we should do is light a fuse and burn down Shittyside." Ronnie heard from a Sunnyvale football player. She looked over with a glare, one of the other side's football players speaking up. "What did you say?"

"I said it ain't a tragedy when it happens every week. It's a joke." The Sunnyvale boy replied and that started Shadyside and Sunnyvale football players going up to each other threateningly.

"This isn't gonna end well," Ronnie whispers to herself.

"Say that again, motherfucker." The Shadyside boy snapped as he pushed the original Sunnyvale asshole. The Sunnyvale then punched the boy in the face and that's when Shadyside boys and Sunnyvale ones began fighting with their fists.

Sheriff Goode tried to break up the fight but was unsuccessful.

"Suck it in—" Kate yells, but instantly gets cut off by a guy elbowing her in the cheek.