23| meant nothing.

Comincia dall'inizio

"Why are you the way you are?" I look at him as he keeps his attention only on the sky.

"Do you want my head to explode?" He turns to make eye contact with me but I turn my head to the sky. 

"I thought we established that ages ago." I reply, still nervous to make eye contact.

Nolan chuckles for the first time ever. Making me gasp.

"Wow, I didn't know you were capable of laughing." I grin, proud of myself for making someone who I thought was impossible to make laugh, laugh.

"There's many things I'm capable of." He speaks in an overly cocky tone.

"Gosh, you need to be humbled." I let him know, yawning right after.

"Good afternoon guys!" We hear Chase shout from behind us, catching both our attention.

"What the fuck are you doing? It's 4am." Nolan cusses Chase out, rolling his eyes.

"First of all, I can be asking the same thing to you both. Second of all, why the fuck is it so cold?" I think of Chase as a really good friend, but sometimes I can't help but admit to myself how weird he can be. It's cute though.

"It's cold because you're not wearing anything but your boxers, and why the fuck are you even awake?" Nolan asks while fixing Chase's hair which is a mess. 

"I don't know man, I just woke up and I saw you two love birds out here so I thought I'd come here and give you guys some company since I know both of you love me." He seems like he's drunk but then again he's Chase.

"We don't love you, now go away Chase." I know that is a lie because I for sure love Chase and it's not hard to tell that Nolan does as well but I'm not stupid, I know he's only joking.

"Don't speak for the two of us. Who said I don't love Chase?" I join in.

"Yeah fuck you Nolan, I don't need you when I have Kenzie. She's just a female version of you but better." He walks towards me and stands next to me with his arm around my neck while his teeth keep chattering from the cold.

"Get inside, you're freezing dumbass." Nolan grabs Chase away from me and walks back into the house.

I'm left alone in the balcony, I don't want to go in just yet. The breeze feels nice on my face, it's almost refreshing.

I'm glad knowing I am going to be able to go back home knowing dad and his family are not going to be there for the next couple of weeks or even months. I could now do anything I want to, I can even let mom come and stay with me for the time being.

It would be more convenient than her living in her small apartment. The house is much bigger and spacious which is even better for her, and I won't have to worry about getting to her when I can just come home and she'll be there.

"Kenz. You coming back or staying here longer?" Did Nolan just call me Kenz?

I turn around and he is waiting there for me. I don't reply, I just nod my head yes and follow him back indoors.

"So you wanna start sharing the same bed as me?" I ask Nolan as I watch him place his body back into my bed.

"You're acting like we weren't about to have sex just before you fell asleep." I mean he isn't wrong, we were about to have sex but Chase interrupted us which I'm still actually mad about. Wait, no I'm not.