𝟮𝟵. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝘀

Start from the beginning

"no, i don't think so. i feel a bit better
now after talking to you, strangely..."

"ah, i'm so glad then!! please know that i'll always be here in case you need or want anything, okay? i'll do my best to help you feel better."

"thank you. i... i..."

"y-yeah?"

ushijima felt the need to say something to y/n, but he did not know what. his heart skipped a beat as his face seemed to get hotter. she waited patiently on the other side of the line.

"h-hey, y/n, i-"

"y/nnnnn!"
a sudden voice is heard over the phone, urging ushijima's eyes to widen and y/n to stutter with surprise, pulling the phone away from her ear a bit.

"u-uh, y-yeah?" she hollers back to what
he can only assume to be her mother.

"y/n...? has something come up?"

there's muffled, incoherent shouts and then
a few beats of silence before she's heard again.

"a-ah, i'm so sorry, ushi!! my mom just got home-
she wants me to go see her! idunnowhyimsosorry but i have to go!!!" ushijima can barely understand her, but he gets the gist of it.

"oh, yes, of course. please go tend to those
matters, thank you for conversing with me."

"a-are you sure i-it's okay? i-"

"-yes. go see what your mother needs."

"ah, thank you so much, ushi! we'll
talk again soon, okay? uhm- bye!!"

"yes, goodbye..."

the call ends.
ushijima sits on the edge of his bed, staring at the girl's contact for quite some time before letting out a short sigh and laying down.

he didn't understand it at all.

when a sleepy, hair-tussled, oversized shirt, no shorts or bra-wearing y/n comes speedwalking down the dim halls, she's met with her mother near the end of it

when a sleepy, hair-tussled, oversized shirt, no shorts or bra-wearing y/n comes speedwalking down the dim halls, she's met with her mother near the end of it. the familiar woman adorns a strange look. y/n pauses in her tracks before walking slowly towards her again, then stops when she's before her.

"hi mom. what.... is there something happening?"

instantly, her mother bites on her bottom lip, a big smile forming as she clasps her hands together. y/n's nose twitches, resisting the urge to retreat back to her bedroom in confusion. but she stays, a lone eyebrow quirking up as her e/c eyes dart away. a nervous smile forms a wobbly line as her mouth.

"heheh, so... w-what is it?" she asks with apprehension.

"y/n, follow me, we have guests!" she tells her daughter, whose eyes immediately widen with bafflement. "huh...? w-who...?!"

"c'mon!" she whispers with encouragement before turning around. y/n cant even protest or voice her concerns about her half naked body or baggy appearance, all she can do is clear her throat and smooth through her messy hair with her one, free hand while the other one is grasped in her mother's own palm.
dragged down the hallway.

before they turn the corner, there's soft, hushed chatter. but when they do turn the corner, the whispers quickly diminish and then y/n's eyes go wider than globes as she peers over her mother's shoulder. she completely freezes, all but trembling as she hides behind her parent.

her blood runs cold; ice shooting through her veins and face paling just at the sight of the freaking miya twins standing in her livingroom⁉️

HOOOHHHH MY GOOOOOSHHHH
she almost lets out a whimper of trepidation as
she just stands there, paralyzed with shock.

an; sorry for the long wait but fook life tbh 🧓🏻also im probably gonna make an oikawa enemiesto lovers book bc i mean cmon!! its oikawa!ty for all the love & votes btw! <3

also im probably gonna make an oikawa enemies
to lovers book bc i mean cmon!! its oikawa!
ty for all the love & votes btw! <3