Chapter 1

Two Years Before

Hannah

"Ugh, this town is so boring." My best friend, Stacey, groaned as we walked around the neighborhood. "I wish exciting things happened here."

"Like what?" I asked.

"Like..." she though for a moment. "Some criminal in town, being a danger to everyone. Doesn't sound very fun, but it would make living here at least a little exciting." I didn't respond, I just rolled my eyes and continued walking. "Especially if the guy was really attractive, like that Jason McCann guy. Oh, he is so fine! I wouldn't mind-"

I blocked her out as she continued about all the things she would do with Jason McCann, America's most wanted- and most attractive- criminal.

No girl could deny the fact that he was good looking- almost flawless looking- except his tattoos that seemed to cover every part of his body and the fact that he's a heartless criminal were a turn off for me.

"Hannah... Hannah!"

"Huh? What?"

"Were you listening?"

"Um..."

"No, you weren't." She rolled her eyes. "Look!" She showed me her phone, on the screen was a news article about Jason McCann; he was spotted here in Fork, Washington. "Finally some excitement around here!"

"You're happy about a killer running around the city?"

"Well when you say it like that it sounds bad."

"It is bad!" I exclaimed, what is wrong with her?

"But he's hot!" She argued pathetically. "What if we ran into him in a club or something? I bet he's amazing in bed."

"Yeah, and he probably kills every girl he sleeps with the next day." I said, hoping she would gain some common sense and not think about having sex with a criminal.

She rolled her eyes once more. "Whatever, but this could also give me something to write about for the paper! I could get a raise if I wrote something good enough!" Stacey is a journalist for the newspaper here.

"Stacey, if you couldn't get a raise after writing that amazing article on the mall closing down, I doubt you'll get a raise from writing about Jason McCann."

She huffed in annoyance, but didn't reply.

-

After about ten more minutes of walking around, Stacey decided to go home to our apartment, so I was walking around alone. It didn't bother me though, I know how to defend myself. And like Stacey said, nothing exciting ever happens here, there aren't really any bad people here (at least in our neighborhood), so I didn't really have to worry about anyone messing with me.

I couldn't help but smile as I got closer to the park, I could hear the little screams of delight from the children as they played on the equipment and with each other. When I got there I sat down on a bench and watched as a couple of parents chased their son and daughter around. The sight made me sigh and wish I could've had a relationship like that with my parents. They're almost never home though because of their job and I always had a babysitter that I bonded better with than my own two reasons for existing, which I find quite sad.

Looking across the park, I spotted a dark figure leaning against a tree, hidden under the shadow of the tall oak. He looked oddly familiar, then I realized why. The large amount of tattoos, the dark vibe, the evil-looking smirk, the flawless face- they could only belong to one man: Jason McCann. I was frozen in my seat on the park bench, not sure how to react. The longer I stared at him, the more I became afraid of the dark man. He was looking directly at me, his honey brown eyes locked with mine. My heart was pounding, but I wasn't so sure it was just from fear, as he was easily the most beautiful man I had ever laid eyes on. He was alright in the pictures in the newspaper and online, but seeing him with my naked eye was a completely different story. The smirk on his face grew and he- almost seductively- licked his lips. I finally snapped out of my trance and back into reality; I needed to get away from this criminal.

I quickly stood from my seat and bolted away from the park, afraid he was following me. I thanked God multiple times that the apartment wasn't too far away from the park, and that I was in enough shape to run the distance without needing to stop.

When I arrived at the apartment complex I ran up the stairs as fast as possible and unlocked the door faster than I've ever done before, throwing myself into the apartment and slamming the door behind me. Finally being able to stop and breath, I leaned against the door and slid down until I was sitting on the floor.

"Hannah?" I heard Stacey's voice from somewhere in the apartment. Soon she was in front of me, looking down at me with a confused expression. "You okay? What happened?"

I took a few deep breaths, those beautiful eyes imprinted into my mind. "I-I just saw Jason McCann."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys!

What do you think so far? I know this is only the first chapter, but honestly I'm so excited because I have lots planned :3

Comment and vote please! thanks

-Ashley