Chapter 23 - The End + Epilogue

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry Sheetal.. the father of your child will surely assume his responsibilities," Khushi smirked as she signaled Aman to come forward.

Sheetal widened her eyes smiling happily staring at Akash and Payal. They thought now Khushi will burst out her anger on Arnav and finally leave him forever with her kids.

But when Aman came forward with his laptop gaining everyone's attention, the culprits frowned looking at him confused.

"The show is not over yet!" Aman said handling the laptop to Khushi.

"What does it mean?" Akash frowned.

"It means that we're not done yet Mr. Akash Singh Raizada," Khushi walked towards them with the laptop in her hand, she looked at Akash right into his eyes fearlessly, "You've done a big mistake to think that I'm a fool and dumb woman. You thought I wouldn't realize you will bribe the doctor to show the DNA test result in your favor and trap Arnav in the mess you created?"

"What rubbish are you talking? It's already proven that-"

"Shut up!" Khushi shouted narrowing her eyes at Payal, "I'm not talking to you right now."

Payal gulped with the intensity of Khushi's voice.

Arnav was watching proudly and silently his wife take control of the situation, admiring the changes he's witnessing in Khushi after years.

"Why is it so difficult for you to accept that your Arnav ji cheated you when he was in London?" Akash frowned, "Why are you so hell bent on proving that I'm Aarav's father? Now you're lying that I've bribed the doctor.. seriously Khushi.. all this for what? Because you can't leave your Arnav ji na.. you want to stay here.. you want this lavish lifestyle.. Admit it Khushi.. shame on a woman like you.. You don't have any self respect left."

Khushi smiled, "It seems you're talking about yourself Akash! Well, unlike you I don't believe in lying and barking to prove my point.. I've got proofs with me. And I would like you to watch this with your wife!"

Payal looked at Akash questioningly while he gulped wondering what proof Khushi had against him.

"Everyone please join us!" Khushi called smiling sweetly. She waited for Raizadas and Guptas approach them and played the video in front of them.

As soon as the video started, Sheetal and Akash's heart started beating faster, they were sweating and avoiding to look at each other.

Payal's eyes were filled with tears but her body was too numb to react to what she was hearing. Her husband sharing to Sheetal how he bribed the doctor to exchange the name in reports of the DNA test, Sheetal saying that she could sleep in peace as their secret won't be exposed now and at last her husband flirting and kissing  Sheetal before leaving her room.

Everyone gasped in shock watching the video. Anjali, Nani and Mama were disgusted to watch the entire conversation, they never thought they would see this side of a shy and innocent man like Akash. Mami looked down ashamed of her son's deeds. She too was shocked to know her son had an extra marital affair with Sheetal and they had a son as well. Garima and Buaji cried loudly devastated while Shashi tried to handle them.

Aman and Lavanya sighed in relief that the truth is out now.

Arnav and Khushi looked at each other with a small smile. They managed to bring the truth out, but surely they didn't want this ending of their family. They also never expected Payash to change to the point that they wouldn't mind to do wrong deeds to achieve what they want.

"Didn't you feel ashamed of yourself while cheating on your wife and having a baby with another woman? Is this what we elders taught you?" Nani walked to him, shouting angrily.