Chapter 2: Food is Good

Gesus tripped on a Burger man. A walking feast, their body a delicious buffet of flavors and textures. A symphony of flavors, each bite a harmony of juicy meat, tangy sauce, and crisp vegetables.

Or so what Gesus thought.

The Burger man was one of many common sights. "Food People" or rather "THINGS" they called them. Mutated beyond belief, these creatures once humans have traded their souls to become "Food People."

They traded their mortal vessel to become a sensual feast, in return for giving up their humanity, they no longer are bound by humanistic needs. Their hunger and thirst long since disappeared, nor will they ever taste food again.

An ironic fate of the food people.

The Burger man stood back up brushing the dust of his rags. It surprised Gesus that the man's Burger features were unsullied by the fall.

"Ah! Stupid Kid! Ya, got any idea wa-"

Drool flowed uncontrollably out of the mouth representing the immense desire to eat.

The Burger man immediately knew what the almost predatory look Gesus represented. It was far too common for Food People to be hunted down to be eaten after all.

"Ah shit!"

The Burger man felt his bun sizzle as he quickly reached inside his rag. He pulled out a dagger of sorts, it was a crude blade with 3 prongs.

Gesus, who laid on the ground, readjusted her eyes and saw the weapon.

"A-Awe fork?" Gesus replied.

The Burger man lunged forward with the dagger, aiming for the girl's chest. But she was ready for him, she dodged to the side and kicked out with her foot, catching him off balance.

He stumbled and she took the opportunity to strike, delivering a swift punch to his face. He stumbled back, but recovered quickly and lunged again with the dagger. This time she was ready and attacked with her own weapon, the Infinity Sword.

To the eyes of many and the Burger man only the hilt was drawn, the blade seemingly invisible to the eye. The Burger man saw the motion, he caught it with his own eye, the swing of the blade. And yet before he could react he was cut across the stomach; he was cut in two.

Ketchup spewed from his mouth as he gargled at his own mustard.

Burger man felt an intense heat from his chest. With what little life he had he looked down towards his stomach. There was a raging fire devouring everything in its wake with a fierce hunger

General Bottle came screaming down. "GESUS! STOP!"

"STOP THE FIRE!"

Gesus who was staring blankly at the burning corpse awoke thanks to Bottle and quickly tried to find something to put out the fire.

Bottle when he arrived quickly got a piece of cloth presumably laundry that had been hanging and jumped onto the burning corpse. After a brief hiss the fire was out.

(Huff) (Huff)

Gesus was worried, she assumed it didn't matter whether or not she killed someone. During their little time together Bottle didn't seem to mind when she killed bandits or animals. But it seemed like she made a mistake.

She grasped her clothes fearing for what would happen next.

At that moment Bottle removed the cloth. Although charred the corpse was still intact for the most part. At least the most important part was.

Bottle threw the cloth away and sat down and started to eat the Burger man's head.

"Eh?" Gesus responded like deer in the headlights, frozen in shock and surprise.

(Gulp!) "W-what? It's food you know."

Gesus has never eaten a THING before. She has seen them in battle in the past long gone but she never considered eating them.

Her orders were just to destroy, she got most of her nutrients from supplements and liquid juices of some kind. She sat across from Bottle and looked at the Burger.

Her mouth drooled once more. What would it taste like? What does it feel like? Ran across her mind. At that moment Bottle raised a chuck of the Burger, "Well come on, eat."

The girl took a bite of the burger and her eyes closed in pleasure. The juicy patty, the melted cheese, the crispy bacon, all blended together in perfect harmony. She savored the flavors, letting them dance on her tongue.

She took another bite and a moan escaped her lips. The bun was soft and warm, the vegetables crisp and fresh. She couldn't help but smile, this was the best burger she had ever had.

She took her time eating, relishing every bite, not wanting the experience to end. She could feel the juices running down her chin and she didn't care, this burger was worth it.

As she finished the last bite, Gesus let out a contented sigh. She sat back against a wall, her stomach full and her taste buds satisfied. She knew she would remember this burger for a long time to come.