"I feel everything, Amolet, and it gets awfully tiring," he says darkly, the snow crunching beneath his boots as he steps toward me. "I felt you use your powers, and I wanted to make sure you weren't in danger."

"It was the first time I've ever experienced anything like that," I admit, knowing I sound exasperated, but there is little point in sounding like I have everything together. Stace can probably sense that too, that my life is devolving into a confusing mess.

"Keep it to yourself, alright? Your powers may overcome you if you don't keep a level-head," he says firmly. I frown, realising it's more of a demand than advice. I'm not sure why Stace cares. I'm still deciding whether I believe his claim that he cares about me enough to bring me here just to check on me...He most likely wants to convince me back onto his and Noah's side.

I cross my arms over my chest, still shivering. "Why do you care about me anyway?"

Stace sighs, seeming to notice my discomfort as he strides forward some more, tugging his jacket off. Staying as still as possible, I allow him to approach, draping the jacket over my shoulders. It's heavier than mine, and with his warmth seeping from it, it gives me some instant relief from the icy wind that whips through the valley of the mountain.

"I don't want you hurt," he murmurs lowly, a fringe of dark hair hanging down around his eyes as he looks down at his hands. "I know you're innocent in all this."

I try not to let the tender gesture shock me too much, but I'm not sure I can.

"If you're such a good guy, why support someone who killed Abella?" I ask gently, holding tightly onto the jacket so it doesn't blow away. If he truly wanted to be merciful, he would have brought me somewhere warm instead, where I wouldn't feel like my fingers are to be numb forever.

"He didn't..."

"So what now, you're going to take me back to Noah?" I question. Would Astro come and save me again? I doubt it, and I'm not sure how many people owe favours to Cian to do it on his behalf...I mean, Sinful won't be coming to save me anytime soon. I doubt Cian even has any idea where I am anyway, as I have no doubt he would come to my rescue immediately.

For once, I see a glimmer in hope with the conflict in his eyes. "You would be safer with him..."

"Cian is my mate," I remind him. I'm not sure there is any point in trying to tell him there is anymore reason for Stace to think Cian can be trusted not to hurt me. Cian has proved to me that I can trust that, but Stace doesn't know any of that.

"I know. But he's a pureblood, and they can do terrible things," he suggests. He probably still thinks Cian is at fault for Abella's death, even though I know within me that he didn't have any part of it. He may not know yet that I'm his mate, but Cian has been nothing but tender and kind to me for no other reason than from him being good. He's even been hospitable to Lev, when the two clearly hate each other.

I decide it's time to resort to begging. "Take me back, Stace."

"I want you to trust me, Abella. I'm not trying to hurt you, but Cian is a bad man who helped kill a lot of people."

I startle. "What do you mean kill?"

"The purebloods killed all my people from my realm. I swore to kill them all after that," he explains. At the same time I understand that he is telling me this because he is trying to make me see why he hates Cian and trusts him so little, but I also can't believe any of it. I have less reason to believe Stace than I do Cian, yet I'm compelled to know more about what he is talking about.

"Why would he do that?" I ask breathlessly.

"I'll take you back," Stace says instead of answering my question. "But please don't trust him."

I don't have a chance to protest, to demand he tells me more before he grabs me, and the world starts to dissolve around me. At some point in the transition, I feel Stace's grasp coming away from me, and then I'm standing in the real world again, right in the centre of Cian's lounge.

I blink a few times, hardly believing what just happened as I turn to look out to the large window over the city I've yet to explore. Sure enough, Stace has put me here without him, but I'm silently grateful he took me back to Cian and not to Noah.

Turning around, I see Cian emerge out of the hallway. His eyes widen as he looks over me. "Amolet, you're okay."

"Stace got me," I exclaim. "He thought I was in danger from using my powers."

I stride forward, the jacket I forgot was on my shoulders suddenly slipping off. I catch it, the fabric soft between my fingers, still dusted with snow. Cian watches the movement, pausing. It's obvious that this jacket doesn't belong to me, or him. It still smells like Stace, even. Despite knowing I shouldn't feel bad about still having his jacket, I can't help it...

"And he brought you back?" he questions warily. He doesn't sound doubtful of my story, just a little suspicious. Last time, Stace held me hostage inside Noah's estate, and suddenly he's having mercy on me. I admit, even I don't fully understand.

I toss the jacket onto the couch, shrugging. "I asked him to and he did."

"Come on," Cian sighs grimly, stepping toward me again. "Let's go meet Hale."

He grabs my arm, and the world begins to dissolve once again, not giving me a chance to demand answers out of Cian, as he takes me to meet yet another Immortal.

💜••💜

If you guys are interested in reading more content from HIS SIN, you can find it now on Radish over ten chapters ahead!! (:

🎇••🎇

Stace now has his own story! Right now you can find it on Radish AND on Wattpad

🐼••🐼

I hope you guys enjoyed!!

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

Snapchat: Midikacrane

~Midika 💜🐼