Chapter 9 - Maxon

Start from the beginning

"Someone's very tense." She runs her hands across my shoulders, pushing down on my cock. "Have you missed me too?"

"What are you doing here, Ashley?" I respond instead.

Ashley is the girl I've been sleeping with exclusively for the past couple of months but I've never regretted it more than at this moment. I can only imagine what Madison thinks of me now.

She gives me a small pout, "I already told you. I missed you."

"No, I mean what are you doing here. At Luke's party."

"Friends invited me." Is all the explanation she gives before she starts trailing a finger down my chest. "You haven't called or texted me. I'm lonely in bed without you."

"I saw you not so long ago," I answer, distracted. I need to see where Madison is but when I try to peer around Ashley, she only blocks my view. Preventing me from looking at anyone but her.

I sigh in frustration.

She bites her bottom lip eyeing my choice of clothing. "You look so sexy in this button-down." She leans over me and licks up the column of my neck, her hands moving down and under my shirt. "But it would look sexier on my bedroom floor." She moves her head to the other side of my neck.

"Ashley..." I groan.

"Yeah, baby?"

"Stop."

"Why? I know you're enjoying this."

A week ago I would've, hell, a few days ago no questions asked, but things are different now. There's a woman I actually feel more than attracted to. And yes, I admit I want Madison. She's someone I want to get to know and hopefully start a relationship with. I don't want to mess this up before we even get started.

Ashley starts unbuttoning my shirt and that's when I've had enough.

"Stop, Ashley. I mean it." I grab her hands and remove them from me.

"Come on, Max." She wiggles her ass against me. "Let's go somewhere private."
Jesus, this girl is relentless.

It's in that moment when her laughter filters in.

I peer around the girl straddling me and see Madison dancing and smiling at Isaiah Kingston. The linebacker for our team.

Jealousy overwhelms me. Especially when I see him resting a hand on her lower back, leaning down towards her as if he—

Oh, fuck no.

The girl, Ashley, keeps on grinding against me, but I've had enough. This time I get up, pushing her out of my lap.

"HEY! What the fuck, Maxon?!" Ashley trips over those skyscraper heels of hers.

"Sorry sweetheart," I say not sounding sorry at all. "but we're done. Delete my number will you?" I don't glance back as I go after the woman who's managed to wiggle her way into my mind.

"You're a fucking asshole!" She shouts after me, but I ignore her.

The only person on my mind is Madison and how that ass is so close to her, touching her.
I push aside the crowd, trying to get to Madison as quickly as possible except it's too late.

I come to a halt.

Isaiah's mouth is already on hers.

***

Madison

Vanessa and I are standing in the middle of the dance floor, trying to move to the beat but not really feeling it.