✔LXXIII - Hurt by Dear Husband

Start from the beginning

She tried to understand his cold behavior toward him but could not come up with any explainable reason.

"If it is alright..." She wanted to stay with him as she felt like she had been running out of time and asked, "Ca-can I stay here?"

"No." Demian said immediately making Seraphina frowned at his harsh words.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because I said so."

Seraphina's heart thundered but she tried to lighten the mood as she pouted as she joked, "But I thought we were in good terms!"

From the corner of her eyes, she noticed, Demian's body shook in his place as his face darkened and he slowly came near her. He felt somehow off.

"Which word don't you understand?" He growled which made Seraphina to widened her eyes and she chuckled nervously, "What? I was just jesting you-"

Demian hovered over her as his dark cold eyes glared at her, "Do I look like in the mood of your teasing?"

"I-"

"Just because I gave you my shoulders to cry on, that doesn't make us anything." He said hoarsely and Seraphina felt her inside howled in pain. But this kind of pain she had never experienced before.

Her heart sank but she felt rage building inside of her stomach, "So why did you promise me to help Lady Cathride?"

"Just because of some gentle words that I had told you, won't change me into who I am not. I promised you because like a lost little girl, you were crying." He hissed as he added, "You were begging. I took pity on you. But, a traitor's wife should equally be punished."

Seraphina's lips trembled but she bit it.

"Demian!" Seraphina growled and looked at him threateningly as she stood up from the bed. Her face showed she could not believe the words he just sprouted out.

"So, now you have learnt to give me this look?" Demian smirked, "It seems I have spoiled you enough to give you that much freedom."

"Why are you talking like this?" She asked now, almost pleading to stop acting like this as she had enough.

"I should have put some restrained on you as you never listen to me." Demian said, his voice cutting Seraphina like daggers.

"So, because I didn't listen to you before, you are behaving like this?" She asked. The atmosphere that surrounded them had intensified with both of them being furious. Seraphina had been going through a lot and now this behavior of Demian pained her more. She felt like screaming but she resisted herself.

"Seraphina..." He said through gritted teeth, "Get out, now."

Seraphina nodded as her eyes said how pained she was. She came here not to ask him about dinner but being around him made her feel like home. She could forget about every worries when she was with him. As if he was her breaking point, Seraphina was just a tool in his webs.

"So everything was a lie?" She asked, her voice was breaking but somehow she stood on her ground and stopped herself from breaking, "The moments we had shared, the bond that had grow-"

"Yes." Demian said as Seraphina's heart broke into million of pieces, "Everything was a lie."

She felt her rage vanishing as she nodded. Her lips trembled but she didn't let herself sway with her feelings. She bit her lips. She had never cried in front of a man yet she had shown her weak side to Demian but now, he disregarded everything.

She felt the same hurt that she felt when her father had put a cursed seal on her. As if they had enough of her and now she became a burden for them. The way Demian said those words would always haunt her even in her sleep.