SIX

"Oh for heaven's sake, Lilah- wake up!"

Lilah groaned under her layer of covers.

"We are not going to be late for the first day of classes!" Hermione pulled the covers from above her and grabbed her best friend's wrist forcing her off the comfortable bed, towards their bathroom.

Lilah squinted her eyes bit to catch a glimpse of Hermione's clock which had the big hand on the number seven. "Lav and Pavarti aren't even up yet!"

A grumble for Hermione's stomach filled the room, causing the girl's conversation to come to a halt.

Lilah had a mischievous look on her tired face. "Or maybe it's because you're hungry."

"Fine, fine... yes, I may be hungry but go - get ready."

The bushy-haired girl pushed Lilah into the bathroom and shut the door quickly. "Though we still have an hour till breakfast," stated Hermione as she leaned comfortably against the door tying her scarlet and gold tie.

Soon enough Lilah finished getting ready, Hermione eagerly hauled her down the spiral staircase that led to the Gryffindor common room. Harry and Ron were sitting down in front of the fireplace all puffy-faced and yawning sleepily.

"M-morning b-boys" yawned Lilah. Harry and Ron yawned in reply.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Lilah were now sitting down at the Gryffindor table at the great hall looking over their schedules for their classes, professor McGonagall had handed them earlier.

Lilah was stirring her porridge lazily. She was resting her head on her hand practically falling asleep.

Harry awkwardly tapped Lilah, "Did you sleep at all last night?"

Lilah immediately jerked in her seat, "Er- I'm up! I'm up!"

She looked over at the raven-haired boy who gave her a worried look.

Lilah yawned once more into her hand. "No, I came back a bit later than I expected, but pass me a goblet of water that will help."

After Harry had passed her a goblet, she downed at least three goblets full of water. She now felt a bit more awake than before.

"Morning sunshine," greeted Fred and sat next to her.

"Mhm- g'morning to you too." she lay her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. "Fred wake me up in ten minutes."

Fred smiled widely at how comfortable she was on his shoulder, he could definitely get used to this.

"You should eat something." He said while pushing the plate of toasts toward her.

"Shush, Lilah!" George said while purposely speaking loudly in order to get her to wake up. "You should've come back earlier last night!"

"George's right, besides you and I have a bunch to do after classes today," said Hermione briskly, grabbing a piece of toast from the tray Fred pushed towards Lilah moments ago.

"You're eating again I notice," said Ron, watching Hermione adding liberal amounts of jam to her toast too.

"I've decided there are better ways of making a stand about elf rights," said Hermione haughtily.

"Yeah and you were hungry." Ron grinned as he stuffed an over-buttered toast into his mouth.

"Great minds think alike Ron." Lilah stated. A sudden burst of energy let her drowsiness go away.

"There's the girl we know and love," Fred said, trying to act casually as he gets curious looks from the trio, his twin, and lee and Lilah.

George leaned into his twin's ear whispering while patting his back, "Well done."