Poetry

"Hey hells you know it's not true love they're just nasty people who have nothing better to do with their time" I said hugging Helena tightly . We had just woken up and Helena scrolled quickly on the news for anything important and came across and article about her saying that she looked like she had gained weight in lockdown and many negative comments about her body. "I-it's true though" Helena cried holding onto me tighter "no Hellie, no it's not true you are absolutely perfect alright and just because some idiots said otherwise that doesn't make it true ok ?" I said comfortingly still holding the beautiful actress tightly "but-" "no buts hellie you're perfect and I simply won't accept anything else" I said and she giggled at my firm demeanour.

I then stood up and helped Helena up and wiped the mascara that had run down her face off "god how I love seeing this pretty face" I said holding helenas face gently in my hands she reacted with a smile and kissed my hand.

"Now, how about I make us some tea and you can read me you're poetry ?" I asked and Helenas face immediately lit when I mentioned her reading poetry to me, she loved reading poetry and loved it even more when she could read it to someone especially if that someone is me, "yes yes yes" she said now smiling brightly hugging me "ok come on then you go pick what you want to read and I'll get the tea" I said "ok" Helena said still beyond excited which made me giggle.

I came back about 2 minutes later with 2 cups of tea to find Helena sat down smiling at me with "the poetry pharmacy" in her hands already on the page she wanted. "Wow someone's excited" I said laughing "yup" she giggled back. I gave hellie her cup of tea and then began sipping on mine whilst cuddling up to Helena and then she began reading.

Phenomenal woman - Maya Angelou
Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion models size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I'm telling lies.
I say,
It's in the reach of my arms,
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.
I say,
It's the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my face,
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally,
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can't touch
My inner mystery.
When I show them,
They say they still can't see.
I say,
It's in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally,
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Now you understand
Just why my heads not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing,
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The best do my hair,
The palm of my hand,
The need for my care.
Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally,
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

(Go to 4:08 for phenomenal woman :))

"That was beautiful hells" I smiled still snuggled into her "do you want me to read some more" she asked hopefully "yes of course I do I love hearing you're beautiful voice" I said planting a small kiss on Helenas cheek.

For the rest of the evening we cuddled and Helena read about 100 poems to me and somehow managed to make every one better than the last. I smiled watching her speak with so much passion and joy and she continued reading poetry to me until I drifted off in her arms "I love you sweetheart" she whispered before slowly falling asleep holding me tightly.

Ok so I know this is short but I ordered "The poetry pharmacy" book and it came today and I just felt like doing something to do with poetry so hope u guys enjoyed it :)