(Don't) Leave Me Alone

Yuji, Nobara and you were hanging out at the guys' apartment. There was no agenda in mind - just casual quality time. Megumi was in his room. You had wished you had seen him but he seemed preoccupied. After about twenty minutes of you and Nobara being there, he left his room and he barely said hi to you two before leaving with his backpack on.

"Where are you going?" Yuji asked.

"Library."

He left the apartment without another word. You asked if he was okay when he left and Nobara assured you he was always like that.

You hung out with them for a while before you left. You told them you were going to run to the academic advisor's office before they closed and thankfully none of them wanted to accompany you.

Megumi was in the corner of the library. For a while you hesitated - he looked focused on his work. His intense gaze softened slightly when he saw you slowly walking up. But he still looked preoccupied.

"Hi" you started, placing your hands in the pocket of your hoodie.

He glanced at you before diverting his eyes back to his laptop. "If you're trying to do a one on one, now's not a good time."

Your stomach dropped. "Oh, I won't be here for long. I don't want to bother you, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I'm probably overthinking but you just didn't seem happy earlier so, yeah. But I'll leave you alone! I should've just sent a text."

Why did you walk all the way over here? Turning on your feet to prevent from furthering yourself in embarrassment, you took a step forward. He's having a bad day; he didn't mean it.

He was taken aback. y/n walked over here to check on me?

"That was rude of me, I'm sorry y/n. I'm just having a rough day."

"I don't know what's going on but I hope whatever it is gets better. If you want to talk about it or if you want me to help you in any way, I'm here."

"Thanks," Megumi smiled.

You gave him a small smile before waving him off. He mentally cursed at himself. Megumi knew his comment wasn't necessarily mean, but he grew self-conscious about his remark. What if he made you feel bad? What if you think he's a jerk? He almost wanted to call after you but figured it would be odd to give an apology now.

He tried to get his homework done. Why did he care so much about what you thought about him? He never cared when he was mean to Yuji, and he is his best friend.