So I Bet All I Have on That Furrowed Brow [Skephalo]

Summary: Since the end of the Egg, things haven't been the same

Inspired by the video above

...

Ever since the destruction of the egg, their friendship wasn't the same. BadBoyHalo had promptly taken him to Big Daddy Island, left him here, and left in a hurry. Skeppy couldn't understand why he avoided him now—despite the fact that he's helped him from killing himself several times.

Sure Bad pushed him in the lava once but it was all because of the egg! He trusted that Bad wouldn't hurt him.

Skeppy sighed, sitting at the edge of his bed, petting his dog.

He missed Bad. He missed actually talking to him, laughing with him, even their dumb "divorces" and fights. Now the demon avoids interacting with him, even though he could see him at the edges of his vision.

Maybe he was being pouty, but it was stupid. This is stupid.

He's tried to lure Bad out to talk, just to hug him, or touch him or well...something. Yet he was insistent, despite the longing gaze both of them knew the demon had. Skeppy never felt so frustrated in his life until now.

So here he was tonight, placing down a jukebox on the bridge and putting a disc in it. The music played loudly into the night, but Skeppy didn't care if any monsters heard. He just waited for the familiar pair of glowing eyes to peek out from the tree.

A fond smile unconsciously made its way to his face. He held up a hand, looking into those glowing white eyes from a distance.

It was a silent offer.

But an offer that the demon seemed to be unable to resist.

He watched Bad shrink down to around six feet as he made his way over, before hesitantly putting a clawed hand in his. Skeppy was quick to pull him close and lead a dance, humming along to the tune.

As they danced across the bridge, he watches as those tense shoulders relax, and those lips lifted into a fanged smile. He couldn't help but smile along, waltzing to the music.

And when Bad dipped him, he laughs—just like the old times. And when he's pulled up, he looks into those white eyes with a loving smile and arms around the demon's neck. He cradles his face in his hands before leaning in, knowing that the other would do the same...

Until those hands removed themselves from his waist and grabbed his arms before Bad pulled himself away. He smiled sadly at the diamond man, taking one of his hands gingerly to cup his cheek. A sad purr leaving his throat, white eyes tearing up, before pressing a soft kiss on his palm...

And letting go.

Bad turned back and started to leave. Skeppy rushed after him.

"Bad! Wait!" He yelled, chasing after a demon who grew himself back to nine feet.

"Bad!"

No answer.

"Please!"

Finally, the demon stopped at the edge of the woods, Skeppy panting heavily and catching his breath.

Bad looked at him with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry Skeppy."

And he walked away, leaving him alone to fall to his knees and sob into his hands.

The egg tore them apart. Things would never be the same again—even if he woke up in his bed the next day, thinking it was all a dream until he saw a muffin on the table and the jukebox at the bridge.