Hinaplos ni Elijah ang aking kamay. His thumb is drawing circles on my knuckles, easing the tension building inside me and the doubts that's slowly arising.

"What d-do you want me to sing?" I asked softly.

"Hmm... Everything I need."

Umawang ang aking labi. Nanunuyo ang aking lalamunan kaya lumunok ako. I mustered air and courage to sing... again. Elijah kept caressing my hand.

♪ Born on the wrong side of the ocean
With all the tides against you... ♪ I sung softly.

Elijah kept his eyes on me, gentle and there's a certain emotion in there that gives me butterfly chills. The song is very familiar to my mouth. Lahat ng salita ay kusang lumalabas nalang.

♪ You never thought you'd be much good for anyone
But that's so far from the truth
I know there's pain in your heart
And you're covered in scars
Wish you could see what I do... ♪

♪ 'Cause baby, everything you are
Is everything I need
You're everything to me
Baby, every single part
Is who you're meant to be
'Cause you were meant for me
And you're everything I need ♪

Ewan ko kung paano ito nangyari pero ito ang paborito kong awitin. It's like a song for my broken soul. The soft tone, the lyrics. Nagbibigay daan ang awitin na ito upang maalala ko ang noon. I was used to busking on the streets with Jenna. She knows how to play a guitar as well.

♪ You can say I'm wrong
You can turn your back against me
But I am here to stay
Like the sea
She keeps kissing the shoreline
No matter how many times he pushes her away ♪

♪ 'Cause baby, everything you are
Is everything I need
You're everything to me
Baby, every single part
Is who you're meant to be
'Cause you were meant for me ♪

Lumunok ako at tumahimik, hindi na tinapos ng tuluyan ang awitin. How ironic is this coincidence.

"Ang ganda ng boses mo, Amber..." Elijah softly complimented.

Tipid akong ngumiti. "Thanks,"

"Hmm,"

Sa ilalim ng aking puso, may kumikirot doon at gustong kumawala ngunit hindi ko alam kung paano.

Elijah snuggled more unto me. "What's bothering you?"

I blinked and shook my head. Inabot ko nalang ang kanyang hood at isinuot sa kanya. Nananatiling nakatitig siya sa akin. Umusog ako para mapahiga ngunit hindi niya ako binitawan.

"Lumalalim na ang gabi, Elijah. Matulog na tayo," puna ko.

He stared at me before slowly loosening his grip. His eyes remained locked on me as I lay down on bed. I frowned when I turned to him.

"What?"

"You're bothered." aniya.

Nakikita niya talaga iyon, huh? Ngumiti ako at umiling.

"No, I'm not." I replied.

Inayos ko ang aming comforter. Dahan dahan din siyang humiga sa aking tabi. I was about to turn my back to him when he took me in his arms. Namilog ang mga mata ko sa biglang aksyon at napatalikod ng higa sa kanya. I felt his heat behind me, giving me warmth in the midst of the cold night.

Umiidlip na sana ako nang may naramdaman ako na humahalik sa aking balikat at batok. I thought it was just nothing but when my sense awakened at half percent, totoong may humahalik sa akin doon.

"Elijah? Bakit hindi ka pa natutulog?" puna ko.

"I wanna kiss your burdens away," he whispered and planted a kiss behind my ear.