Chapter 4𒊹︎The Beast and The Camp Out

Depuis le début

"What the fuck?! Get off of me!" I yelped.

I tried to shake their hands off of me but instead it made me fall onto the person that had their hands around my waist, Benny. Benny winced in pain since his back hit the ground really hard, especially since he had pulled me down with him, adding on weight to the hard fall.

"I am so sorry!" I apologized.

"Now this is a little rated R." Ham mumbled to squints, a smirk slowly appearing on Ham's face.

I stood up with Benny, "Shut up Ham!" Benny glared at him. We were both as red as tomatoes.

I quickly changed the subject, "Why did you do that? I was trying to do you guys a favor, but your ungrateful asses got mad at me for it!" I shouted, shaking the dirt off of me.

"Holy crap! You could've been killed." Squints panted.

"Yeah yeah, truly! What were you doing?" Yeah yeah said with heavy breaths.

Smalls began speaking, "Well you guys were leaving so she thought that she could-"

Squints had cut him off, "If she was thinking, she wouldn't have thought that."

"You can't go back there, Sofia." Benny said.

"Then how do we get the ball back?" I panted, slowly gaining my breath back from the fall.

"We don't." Timmy said.

"We don't." Tommy repeated.

"It's history."

"It's history."

"Kiss it good bye."

"Kiss it-"

"Shut up, Tommy."

"It's gone, man. Gone." Bertram shook his head.

"The game's over, Sofia. We'll just get another one tomorrow. We'll never see it again." Benny sighed. The boys began to turn around and walk out of the field until I asked, "Why not?"

"The beast." They boys said in unison.

"The huh? What is that?" Smalls tilted his head in confusion.

Benny walked over to us. "Smalls, Sofia, listen to me. Go to that fence...real slow and be quiet."

"But you literally just told us not to-" I began.

"No, no, no, no. Just go and peek through that hole." Benny cut me off.

"Just go!" The other boys whisper-yelled at Scotty and I.

We both quietly tip-toed towards the fence and peeked through a hole. We saw a chain get pulled and we heard a bark. Scotty and I ran back towards the boys with our hearts racing.

"S-Something got the ball!" Scotty stuttered.

"What the hell was that...that thing?" I asked, emphasizing thing.

The boys all looked at each other, and in unison they all said, "Camp out."

— TIME SKIP TO 7:30PM—

I got out some pjs for the camp out. I decided to write Wendy a note in case she came home early and I wasn't there.

Dear Wendy,

            The Sandlot boys invited me to a sleepover in their tree house. I might not be back until tomorrow afternoon. I hope you had a good day at the pool though! I also wish you a good sleep. If you need something, you can always call/text me. Love you.