~ Chapter 1 ~ Amynta

The forest was silent. The birds had long flown the nest, abandoning their homes to the destruction of the darkness. The cracking of twigs could be heard as footsteps fell here and there.

Bloom looked forward. There, in the shadows, an outline could be seen. Hidden among the branches but clear as day. It saw her or maybe it sensed her. Hard to tell at such a distance. The ginger's feet froze as her hands stuck forward.

"Come on. Come on." She muttered trying to create some fire. Nothing happened.

A heart wrenching roar ripped from the monster's mouth as it charged towards her. Magic failing she stumbled back in fear.

"GET DOWN!" A strong voice yelled from behind her. She ducked without thinking and a beam of light shot over her to hit the beast as it jumped, past her. The beast was not going for her but rather the person who seemed keen on saving her. The magic was white and gold, like two beams intertwining into one.

The creature screamed before white light shone out from inside it and it disappeared into dust. A single, large ring dropped to the ground from the beast as it disappeared and the red head grabbed it before turning round to see a girl around her age.

Dark brown eyes with white stars for pupils. Golden hair reaching past her shoulders. Her roots seemed darker but her tips so light they were almost white. She was holding her side and on closer inspection she was hurt. It looked fresh like many small cuts which littered her body. If you looked close enough you would realise that most of her visible skin was either bleeding or bruised and even what was covered seemed to be torn under the ripped and tattered clothing.

"Are you okay?" She asked concerned. Limping her way down to her she asked. "What's your name?"

"I'm uh-"

"BLOOM!" A dark skinned girl with blue tips yelled. "My god I am so glad you're okay. I heard a roar then this cry. Are you okay? Where's the burned one? Who's she?"

"Oh uh hi, I'm Amynta. You are?"

"Aisha. This is bloom. What are you doing out here in the woods. You don't look like a student and where is the burned one." She asked now confused at the sudden appearance of the apparently injured teen and no sign of the monster.

"She killed it, the burned one. Hit it with some kind of magic. Nothing I've ever seen before. It disintegrated, turned to dust. Gone. It was so cool but how'd you do it?" She asked Turing's back to the Amynta who was now leaning quite heavily against a tree.

"I'll tell you later. You wouldn't happen to know where I can find somewhere to rest out of this forest would you? Possibly clean up some of these wounds?"

"Oh of course. Stella has already headed back to the school and Terra and Musa are helping Headmaster Silva back, hes been attacked by the burned one. Come on." Aisha wrapped her arm around Amynta's waist, careful to not hit to many cuts but there was only so much she could do.

Amynta winced in pain when Aisha's arm hit a particularly deep cut but said nothing. She was grateful the girls were helping and if she was where she thought she was, then the school she was being taken to was the exact place she had been running to for the last 3 weeks.

》---------------《

Sorry for the kinda short chapter. The first few might be on the shorter side.