s a p o d i l l a

Start from the beginning

I step through the door, eyes hungrily scanning for his physique but he doesn't stand out. My heart is beating so hard it's banging against my eardrums, and I roll my lips in as frustration slowly starts to seep into my body. My hands even form loose fists.

Maybe he's in class? Maybe he decided to spend his break in class.

I turn around, making my way down the direction to the lecture room we should be having our session in after the lunch hour. Once again, because I am a popular person, I wave here and there to those who call my name with excitement. I sure do make their day, I've noticed that.

Just as I bust the door open to search for him, my name is called down the corridor. My hand is on the handle and I glance over at the individual crying for my attention. Not too surprised to see Thabang, one of Nandi's minions heading towards me, adjusting his tsotsi beanie and he walks as though he's limping. Maybe he's hurt, or maybe it's his style.

To that, I sigh.

"Dia, what say you." He smiles at me, his eyes wandering over my body. I know I look good, he doesn't need to make it that obvious.

I smile, crossing my arms and sticking my hip out. "I just thought I would be early to class. What can I help you with?"

"Hai, no. I just saw you and I thought I should say hi." He places both hands in the pockets of his sagging jeans. "We should hang out, you know?"

"Is this not hanging out?" I move my index finger between him and I as an indication.

He smirks, eyes rolling about playfully. He's cute. He'd be hot if I was attracted to him. "You know what I mean."

"It's just... we don't know each other like that and stuff... I don't want to give off the wrong impression."

"I get that, Dia. That's why I'm thinking maybe we should hang out. Maybe we can go to the movies, or lunch? Maybe supper. Get to know each other. What say you?"

So sweet, that's the problem. He's too kind. He has no sense of aggression, unless he's protective over something. I appreciate that, I do. But I want more. He's not hitting my soul.

"Let me think about it, yes? Give me some time to make up my mind." I pull open the door, smiling at him as I shift away from him and closer to the door. "I'll let you know by the end of this week."

"The end of this week is in two days. Friday, right?"

"Yes," I nod. "And I will look for you before the end of Friday and give you my answer. No high hopes though."

"Sure thing. Heita heita," he grins, nodding as he takes his steps back.

I chuckle at that, getting in the lecture room. There are a few students lingering around, talking with various levels of voices. My eyes scan the room, pinpointing on the very same person I've so badly wanted to see today. How unfair that I haven't seen him until this moment in time, but even still, how glad I am to see him alone, reading his book with a content look on his face.

He better be content when he sees me.

I'm content with myself. No one is sitting next to him. I gently close the door and make my way towards the middle of the class, exactly where he's seated. I then peel off my bag and place it on the ground. He hasn't looked up yet, so I can only assume he's too focused on what he's reading. I quietly make my way to him before standing right behind him. A silly grin is printed on my face, and I lean in and read anything that grabs my attention.

I furrow my eyebrows as I process the words. The girl leans into the guy, hands on his shoulders as his are around her waist. She breathes him in before she places her lips on him.