He nodded his head as he started to drive again. "How was your day at school? Did you have any anxiety attacks. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine dad. The school was okay."

"Then why did you want to leave?"

"It was lunch time and I wasn't aloud in the library." I shrugged my shoulders. My dad sighed. "Did you meet anyone nice at least?"

My mind drifted off to Bailey. I mean I guess he was nice.

"Some boy named Bailey."
—————

"Hello?" I said into the phone. I called Delilah for the tenth time this month after she never called me back.

I heard giggles on the other end before she started talking to me.

"Answer the FaceTime." She said. And I did. She was laying on Kyles chest. Her curly hair was in a messy bun. It had gotten so long since I last seen her. It looked like she had just woken up or maybe it's just the college after math.

"Hi, baby brother. I feel like I haven't talked to you in months."

Because you haven't.

"Yeah. It does feel like that. How have you been?"

"I've been great. Kyle and I have most of the same classes together again so I'm not completely alone."

I am though.

"That's good, when are you going to come visit? We haven't seen you in two years."

The last time we saw her was when she came down for Christmas break her first year. The other two years she didn't want to come down. She went to have dinner with Kyle's family instead.

We were going to go see her last year but my anxiety was too bad and I couldn't get on the plane. I told them they could go, I'm fully capable of watching myself but the refused to leave me alone for obvious reasons.

"How's Winter?" She changed the subject. Winter died about a year ago, she was really old.

"Delilah,  how many times do I have to tell you. Winter died like last year."

"Did she really?"

Maybe she wasn't listening to me the times I told her.

"Jaylen have you met anyone named Bailey he's in your grade." Kyle asked me as he took the phone from Delilah, making her pout.

"I have yes. There is a Bailey in one my classes."

"That's my little brother. Well, he's my step brother. He's a nice kid. You should get to know him." I'll pass.

"I'll see."

I heard my dad call my name from the bottom of the steps. "I'll call y'all back later. Please answer. Dad is calling me. Bye lo-" I didn't even get to finish my sentence before Delilah hung up the phone. Welp.

I ran down the steps walking to where my dad was standing.

"You going to school tomorrow or no?"

"Yeah I am. I'll go."

"Your sure?"

"Yes I'll go."
————

"Bye pops, I love you." I shut the car door before walking into the school.

Today will be a good day. I will go to lunch and sit I the cafeteria. I won't call either of my dads to pick me up and I'll try to socialize. Maybe with Bailey.

"Hi!" I froze in my spot. Bailey made his way to the front of me. He smiled up at me showing all of his teeth.

"Were you sick yesterday? I saw you left early, not that I was stalking or anything but the seat I was sitting in had a good view of the front entrance." I slowly shook my head no.

"Well that's good, when are you going to tell me your name? I want to know your name. I'll tell you mines!"

Isn't his name Bailey.

"My middle name is Bailey, I prefer to be called that because I don't really like my first name but you can call me either or."

I squinted my eyes waiting for him to tell me his name. He shook his head and pointed to me.

"You first."

"Jaylen," I mumbled. He let out a loud gasp.

"Oh my gosh you talked to me! I don't know what you said but you said something." I balled my first up preparing myself to talk a bit louder.

"My name is Jaylen."

"Nice to meet you Jaylen, my actual first name is Lovely."

Lovely Bailey Hiller?

I looked down at him trying to see which name fit the charming boy the most. I decide that Lovely does. I'll call him Lovely instead.

I nodded my head turning to walk away.

"What class do you have?"

I shrugged my shoulders. I do know I just didn't want to say it and I think he knew that but he followed me anyways.

"I have chemistry, do you have chemistry."

I nodded my head still making my way to my class. "Can I walk with you?"

I gave him a thumbs up.

"So how old are you? Well you're a junior so I'm guessing you're seventeen? If you arethen that means I'm older than you! I'm eighteen but I take some junior classes because I was out of school for a while due to some things." He awkwardly laughed.

What things?

"But that doesn't matter. Are you staying for lunch? We can sit together. If you want to. I mean I have no friends and you have no friends- well that's not what I meant to say. Of course you have friends. I didn't mean to say that, you do have friends...right?" He stopped his rambling.

"No."

"You talked again! It's okay we can be friends. Do you want to be friends?" We stopped in front of our classroom for a second. The eager boy looked up me with hopeful eyes. I don't need friends I'll get attached and cry when they leave.

"Pleaseeee, if you don't like me you can always just stop talking to me I'll understand."

I squeezed my eyes shut sucking in a breath.

"Sure,"

The small boy smiled widely as he looked up at me letting out a low squeal. "I never had a real friend before!"

I haven't either.

The classroom door swung open revealing our teacher.

"Harris, Hiller, in the classroom now."

"Sorry sir," Lovely apologized making his way into the classroom before me.

That was the beginning of a new friendship.