Letter 5-My perfect end

Alsmiffy's POV

In the bed lay a weak skeleton I used to call Trott. I closed the door and walked over. He looked at me sadly. Ross grabbed my shoulder. His eyes were wet and his face distraught. Trott passed me a letter.

Dear Alex

Sorry for not telling you it was me. I didn't want you to worry for 2 months. I knew you would be distraught, who wouldn't be when its me. I was diagnosed 3 months ago and with Ross' help I wrote these letters to you. I really do love you and to see you like this around me is as horrible for me as it is for you. I wish I could kiss you, hold you close, tell you this was all an act to get you to love me but sadly it is not. I will miss you dearly and believe me when I say that I will not forget you. I hate to have to be leaving you so soon after telling you of my undying love but I can't live forever.

I really wish I could stay by your side forever but I must leave.

Forever yours

Chris Trott

I collapsed into Ross' arms. I couldn't believe that the man of my dreams, the love of my life was leaving me. I couldn't believe that he would soon cease to exist. It all seemed too horrible to be true but Trott's horrible fate was sealed an hour after I arrived when he breathed his last breath. I broke down in Ross' arms. We were politely asked to leave Trott while his parents made arrangements for his funeral. Ross drove home. We sat in each others arms crying until we fell asleep.