𝕏𝕏𝕍. 𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕓𝕝𝕖 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣𝕤

↞↠

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰɪᴠᴇ

ᴘᴏꜱꜱɪʙʟᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴇɴᴅʟᴇꜱꜱ ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀꜱ

↞↠

There's beauty in the act of silence. It was like being stuck in an instance of time while everything else moved on. The world was loud; it had much to offer if given the opportunity to speak. And the world spoke beautifully.

However, there were moments where the world felt taunting as the silence forced individuals to contemplate life choices and regret one's own actions. At this very moment, the silence made Geralt feel as though the world was laughing at him.

It was humiliating. 

Suffocating. 

And definitely well deserved.

The deafening still air was heavy against the witcher's chest as he continued to throw the fishing net back into the lake. It had rained the previous night; the wet smell of moss and bark didn't seem to calm his nerves. It smelled like Eleanora. The familiar and calming scent only made him feel more guilty. The early rays of sunlight peeked through the dense woods, a warmth engulfing Geralt's cold-hearted body.

He felt the lingering presence of the woman behind him, quietly sat on a log. Geralt wanted her to yell and shout and tell him how much she hated him. He wanted her to cry and aim her sharp arrows at him. He wanted her to say something, anything.

Eleanora said nothing.

↞↠

Geralt avoided eye contact, choosing to glare at the wall instead of the hurt and confusion on Eleanora's face.

A minute passed.

Two minutes.

The witcher felt the bed dip down as the young woman sat up, now concerned. She reached out to place a gentle, comforting hand on his shoulder, before deciding against it; staring blankly at her fingers seemed like a better option, anyway. "Geralt," Her voice oozed with sweet honey causing the man to grit his teeth and clench his fists even tighter.

God, why couldn't she just hate him?

It would've been easier for them both if she did.

"Geralt," Eleanora's melodic tone echoed throughout the heated room once more. "Are you alri-"

"We shouldn't I'm sorry, but this was a mistake."