𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

Megumi waited patiently outside of (Y/N)'s house the next day, just like they agreed to last night. Luckily, her father had left early this morning, most likely to avoid his daughter. They hadn't spoken since that argument, and it's not like she had any plans to talk to him. Last night they passed each other when she was bringing her dishes to the kitchen. Nothing was said, not even an apology for hitting her.

If he couldn't apologise to her, then she would ignore him for the rest of her life. This is the way it has to be.

"Bye, mum", she shouted as her mother was in the bathroom. (Y/N) didn't wait for a response as she opened the front door and made her way down the stairs. There she could see Megumi, her light in this dark work of hers. Her first friend and soon to be first crush.

"Hey", they both greeted at the same time, causing a giggle to escape her. She didn't know why she would laugh at something silly like that, especially after yesterday, but one thing was sure she didn't want him to worry about her.

"What happened?" His mouth was opened as he stared at her cheek. Megumi was sure that he left her home without a scratch on her. How could have something happened? It looked like a slap mark. "It was just an accident; I wasn't looking where I was going", she lied with a small smile, but even so, Megumi could see the pain in her eyes as she spoke. Nodding his head, when she was ready to talk to him, she would.

(Y/N) took the lead down the street with Megumi at her side. "Why are we meeting so early?" He asked as she walked down the familiar route, "I need to get my lunch." Megumi tilted his head, confused on why she didn't go to the canteen, but then after remembering yesterday, he understood why. She was bullied by the other kids.

Entering the local shop swiftly, she walked around and grabbed her usual lunch which consisted of (food) and (drink). Megumi followed behind without a word until he like out a sigh, "sorry." (Y/N) apologise; she shouldn't have invited him to walk to school when she did so much in the morning before school. She was becoming a bother to him.

"No, it's fine, it's interesting to see what you do before school", Megumi answered honestly, leaving a smile on (Y/N)s face. She quickly paid for her items before leaving with the black-haired boy. "We've got one more place to go" (Y/N) mumbled, afraid Megumi would get fed up with her and leave her behind.

"Okay", he simply acknowledged as he followed her once more to their next destination. "Here we are", she stood outside the old building, "a library?" Megumi muttered while (Y/N) was already walking up the steps to enter.

"I just need to print out some things," she told him as she made her way over to the computer and printer. Megumi waited by the printer, curious as to what she might be printing out this early. Then the first paper came out. He picked it up, and it looked like a music sheet.

"(Y/N)" he called her out, to which she glanced up. "You know you can print at school; it's free," Megumi states, not knowing if she knew this information already. "Oh, I know", turning back to the computer to finish off the printing before she makes them late. "Then why don't you?" Still confused why she was spending money here when she could get it for free.

"Well, I would rather spend money than get bullied, thanks" (Y/N) hissed as she mumbled about him not having to worry about that stuff because he was popular. "It's not that I'm popular; it's more that they fear me", he nervously spoke as he scratched the back of his neck. Just as she was about to pay for her music sheets, Megumi stepped in and paid. He was too quick.

"I'll protect you then," Megumi said even though she was glaring at him for paying yet again. Her face felt hot at his sudden declaration, "I don't want to burden you." (Y/N) glanced away to the floor before her shoulders were grabbed, and she was forced to look Megumi in the eyes. His cheeks were turning scarlet, but that didn't stop him.

"You are not a burden" Megumi's tone held no amusement but yet (Y/N) let out a chuckle. "I'm serious", he spoke as his grip tightened. Rolling her eyes, he could say that, but it wouldn't change the way she felt. However, it did feel nice hearing someone deny her doubts.

Ever since she was born, she felt like a burden to everyone around her. Family, friends, teachers.

"Well, if you don't let go, then we'll be late" she paused, thinking of a good way to get him. "Unless you wanna stare at me all day", she teased as his face lit up before grabbing his hand and rushing out of the library and down the same route she showed him that fateful day.

And just on time, they made it outside of the school, out of breath but on time. When (Y/N) was about to pull away and make her way inside, Megumi pulled her back.

"Tomorrow, we are going to the school library instead."

And just like what he said the next day, Megumi again waited for her outside her house. Once more, her father left earlier, meaning they were able to leave in peace without any trouble from him. Swiftly they made their way to the Convenience store where she got her lunch before making their way to school.

It felt weird being at school this early and not having to rush. "First time early to school?" Megumi asked with a smirk as (Y/N) turned away, embarrassed that she had only had it to school on time. He led the way this time and dragged her into the quiet room, where a few students sat reading or studying.

"The printer is over there" he pointed to the necessary things she will be needing. Slowly they made their way over to the mech one with Megumi keeping guard until he spotted some people he knew. Probably friends. "I'll be back. I'm gonna go say hi" she nodded her head, but that didn't help her body from shaking. "Don't worry, I'll still be able to see you if anyone comes near you" once more, she nodded her head, allowing him to make his way to a table full of boys.

"(Y/N)" someone called out her name and when she turned to look at them. A gasp escaped her, her flight or fight activities, and she was ready to blot out of that room. She knew it was a bad idea to come here. It was the guy who bullied her but just as she was gonna move, she noticed he had a few bruises on his face. What happened to him?

"I'm sorry about yesterday", he mumbled, but she couldn't hear him well. "Sorry I couldn't hear you", she stuttered, and she could see his hands turn to fists, but one look to his left and they were gone as he bowed to her. "I'm sorry", he shouted, gaining the attention of the whole library before running out of the room, embarrassed that he had to do that.

(Y/N) glanced to the side to see a smirking Megumi. Did he beat him up? Megumi walked back over to her as she looked at him suspiciously. "Did you beat him up?" She questioned.

"I won't let anyone hurt you."