Y/N's POV

"He's on his way over now, I sent him a car to pick him up at the train station." 2D said as us as were finishing cleaning the house for him if he does stay.

"This better go well. I don't like that we're trying someone Murdoc knows." Russel replied, sweeping the kitchen floor for us.

Noodle was being very quiet, seeming more focused on her chores as we were cleaning up some mess that Murdoc probably left.

"You feeling alright Noodle?" I asked, making her snap out of whatever thoughts she was having.

"Huh? Yeah of course! Just a little tired." Noodle responded, giving me a smile. I wasn't too convinced but didn't try to pry into it.

She somehow manages to remain happy all the time, I feel like she fakes it for us. Noodle went through a lot when we were kids, it makes me wonder if she'll ever bring up the past.

I was still staring at Noodle concerned until she looked back at me. "Nē! Gyōshi suru no wa shitsureidesu!" She exclaimed in Japanese, making me laugh at her getting mad.

----------------

I watched from the kitchen as the band went to go talk in the living room together.

I had only caught a glimpse of the bassist, Ace Copular as he had walked in through the front door.

Noodle seemed pretty on guard the entire time, making me wonder what was going through her head.

My best assumption is that she just didn't trust this new bassist yet as he claimed to be close with Murdoc.

When they were out of my sight I turned back into the kitchen to make dinner for tonight, letting the band talk over the important things together.

I never really felt as if I was actually as important as the rest. Of course I was a lot of help, and close with everyone.

I was never in the spotlight with them, which is why I don't allow myself to be in any part of their decisions for the band.

I took out some vegetables and beef from the fridge, along with a pot to use. We only had enough ingredients for beef stew, so hopefully it was good enough for everyone else.

After a few minutes, I had dinner in the pot cooking. Which might've given enough time to actually meet Ace now.

I made my way into the living room, to see everyone go silent the moment I entered.

"Uh, hey dinner will be done soon guys.." I announced immediately regretting my decision to come out.

"Ah great! Head to the table now?" Noodle asked everyone, before giving me a smile and getting out of her seat.

Noodle started to make her way out, with the others getting up to follow her out. That's when Ace decided to speak up.

"Dinner huh? I didn't know you guys decided to go through the trouble, really nice of yous.."

He stood a little close to me as if he was directing that sentence at me, looking at me with his pinkish eyes.

I caught myself off guard until 2D threw his arm over my shoulder, pushing me out as I attempted to try and look over at Ace again.

"I can't wait to eat what you made for tonight, Y/n!" He said, cheerfully before joining Noodle and Russel to grab some bowls.

----------------

The whole table was pretty silent, up until everyone finished eating. Russel and Stu had already called it a night.

But the thing was nobody had stated if Ace would stay with us as a bassist or not. Whatever conversation they had in the living room seemed to be the main reason why.

"Well I gotta say, give my compliments to the chef yeah?" Ace announced to us as he finished eating.

"I agree! Y/N is a great cook, along with Russel." Noodle replied happily, yet seeming off with the tone of her voice.

"I'm glad you guys like it, you can leave the dishes for me to put away." I said, getting up from the table to put my dishes away.

"Ah no that's fine I can help you Y/n!" Noodle got up to help me, but I kept refusing.

"It's getting late, I need to stay up anyway to work." I argued as I went over to the sink.

"Aw alright, just don't stay up too late." She said, before coming up and hugging me. "Oyasumi ai.."

Suddenly we heard glass shatter on the floor and looked back over at the table, realizing Ace was still there.

He dropped a glass cup on the floor that I assumed he was bringing over to me. "Shit, you okay Ace?" I asked before quickly going to make sure he's alright.

"Oh eh- yeah.. sorry bout that. Hand slipped I guess." He laughed nervously scratching the back of his head.

"Y/n are you sure you don't want me to stay- No no! It's alright I'll help them clean up, was on me." Ace stopped Noodle before going to get a broom.