David de Gea (ft. Ander Herrera and Adnan Januzaj) ~ MCU

(1276 words)

---

It was 3 months too long. 3 months since you broke up with your ex-boyfriend, David de Gea due to moving back to Madrid for a new job. Ever since the breakup, you've been unhappy but you tried to move on from David, but you couldn't. He was the love of your life, your soulmate, or he used to be. You couldn't handle the long distance, so you called his teammate, Ander Herrera to ask for help to surprise David at their upcoming game against the Tottenham Hotspurs.

"Ok, thank you so much Ander for helping me, I'll see you tomorrow." You said your goodbyes.

"I'll pick you up from the airport and drop you off at the hotel. See you later, adíos Y/N."

You started to pack up the things necessary for the next few days you were going to be in Manchester. It was about 10:30 in the night by the time you finished and went to bed. You were awoken by the alarm that you set. You got ready and grabbed your stuff and had your friend drop you off at the airport. You said goodbye to her and went inside. You had to go through the customs and airport security part and that took forever. You got on the plane that was to go to Manchester.

*Skipping the Plane Ride*

You got out of the plane and went to the baggage claim to get your stuff. You got all your stuff and went and looked for Ander, but you saw Adnan instead. Adnan waved over to you and you went to him.

"Hey Adnan, where's Ander?"

"Oh, he's in the men's room. I just tagged along because he wanted me to. Plus his car broke down and he called."

"Gotcha, so how's your season so far?"

"It's been ok, plus I know that David is not doing good up at the penalty area. He's been conceding goals every so often for the past 3 months. When did you breakup with him? Not to be mean or anything."

"3 months ago, it was a few weeks before Christmas and Boxing day."

Adnan nodded and you saw Ander getting 3 cups of coffee from Starbucks. He saw you and paid the barista very quickly and walked up to you without spilling the coffee.

"Adnan bro, remind me to pay you the £10 for keeping her company while I was busy." Ander handed Adnan and your's coffees. You guys talked for a few minutes before Ander and Adnan took your luggage and you followed behind.

"So Y/N, how's your job in Madrid? God, I miss Spain so much." Ander asked you.

"It's good, the only bad thing is that I'm so far away from my friends and family in Manchester." You replied back.

It was basically silent the whole way back to Manchester, but something caught interesting to you when Adnan accidentally spilled something about David, "Ander, how are we going to tell de Gea? Every time we mention Y/N, he starts to bawl all of a sudden." You felt sick to the pit of your stomach and guilty for hurting David. You never meant to do it but you thought that you couldn't handle the long-distance. The car stopped in front of the hotel and you got out and the boys helped you getting out the luggage and helped you settle in at your hotel room.

"Ok, the game starts at 5:00, right now it's 12:30. You got 4 hours to get ready for the game. You have to be at the Old Trafford by 4:30. We have to go back to practice, Van Gaal wants us there at 1. Let's go Adnan, hasta luego Y/N!" Ander waved goodbye to you and Adnan hugged you and they left. You got showered and ready for the day. You decided to wear your de Gea jersey, might as well wear it if you were going to surprise him. Waiting for the 4 hours, you painted your nails, watched TV, even tried to beat your high score of 46 on Crossy Road. By the time 4:00 came, you called a taxi to take you to Old Trafford, which was 15 minutes away from your hotel. You got on the taxi and remained silent for the ride. You paid the taxi driver and grabbed your purse and walked to the entrance of the stadium. You showed the security guards your badge and they let you in. You found Ander and Adnan practicing, they saw you and made gestures pointing to the elevator and silently whispering, "Go to the WAGs and family box! We'll meet you there."

You took the elevator and you entered the room. Rooney's wife saw you when you opened the door and asked, "Y/N, what are you doing here? I thought you broke up with David and moved to Madrid!"

"Hi Coleen, I'm with Ander and Adnan today, we're going to surprise David. I heard from them that he's not being doing so well for the past 3 months." I hugged her and talked with her.

"Ah yes, Wayne has being telling me that every time someone mentions you, he starts to cry?"

"I've been feeling so bad and guilty lately for hurting David's feelings, I thought I could handle the breakup, but I couldn't. I need him. I tried moving on, but I can't. He's always on my mind day and night."

You talked with Coleen for a while before Ander and Adnan came in. You talked with Adnan and Ander for 5 minutes before they had to go back down to the field. You took a seat next to Coleen and patiently waited for the game to start. You saw the players coming out of the locker rooms and before you knew it, the match started underway. You were surprised, David hasn't conceded a single goal in the 90 minutes. Manchester United had beat the Hotspurs 3-0, with David having a clean sheet. You saw Ander giving you the signal and you waved goodbye to the WAGs and went down to the field. You were walking to see Ander when you bumped into a familar figure thats 6'4. It was David de Gea...

"I'm so sorry , I wasn't looking where I was going... Y/N?! What are you doing here!?" David apologized and then was surprised, looking at me.

"Yeah it's me David. Surprise! I was watching you today, nice job. Before you ask, it was Ander's, Adnan's, and my idea to come surprise you. I'm so sorry I broke up with you, David."

"I missed you so much Y/N. Thank you for flying out to Manchester to see me play. I forgive you."

"I missed you too, and you wanna know something David? I'm moving back to Manchester this week! My boss finally agreed to let me work back here. I'm not going to go back to Madrid, even though I do have to fly out in 2 days to get my things. But yeah."

"And Y/N, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure David anything."

"Will you, Y/F/N, be my girlfriend again and move in with me?"

"Yes I will David de Gea! I will move in with you too." You smiled, kissing David's cheek while you saw Ander and Adnan clapping. You and David looked at them confused.

"We were the ones who called your boss Y/N. We don't want you two lovebirds to be apart." Adnan smiled and you hugged them.

"Who's up for dinner and movie night at my place?" Ander asked and we all agreed. You're once again, back with your love, David de Gea!