Chapter Fifty-six

Start from the beginning

"I won't." She smiled at me. "Thank you, for talking to me though." She stood up from the bed and moved to pull me from her chair. 

I groaned as she did but let her pull me into a hug, she squeezed me with her little frame until I could feel my spine snapping. "Did you forget about the whole thrown through a window thing?" I squeaked. 

"Oh my god!" She pulled back, her eyes huge. "I'm so sorry!" 

"It's fine! I'm fine, I just couldn't breathe." I laughed, trying to stop her panic.

She breathed a sigh of relief and shook her head, "I'm going to start breakfast, are you coming?" She swung her door open. 

"I'm going to shower and I'll be down." I smiled at her, leaving her bedroom with her. 

"You know making out with Peter isn't showering, right?" Nat said from behind us coming out of her room. 

"Oh my god." I groaned, quickly ducking into my room and closing the door on her laugh. 

I leant against it and stared at the ceiling for a second, jumping when Peter groaned "What time is it?" 

"I don't know, early." I shrugged but he couldn't see. 

I knew I'd woken up at six and hadn't been able to get back to sleep, it had taken me a few minutes to decide to go and bug Bucky. 

He leaned over to his phone on my bedside table and checked the time, "Seven thirty, why are you awake?" He closed his eyes again, pushing his head under the pillow. 

"I couldn't get back to sleep." I muttered, moving for the bathroom, I didn't think he'd heard me as when I looked back he was already asleep again. 

An hour later I was showered and ready and sitting at the table nibbling on pancakes Wanda had made me (despite the fact I told her repeatedly I'd make my won toast), while Sam and Bucky argued about something I'd missed, Wanda and Natt were talking softly about going to the supermarket and I zoned out staring at my glass of orange Juice. 

Peter hadn't woken up by the time I'd finished getting dressed and trying to fix my hair into something that didn't look like a haystack, so I'd just left him to sleep. 

I started to regret letting him sleep as Sam turned his focus to me, noticing my vacant expression. 

"You look tired Cam." He said, puling my eyes to his smirk. 

"I'm always tired." I shrugged, taking another bite of my pancake. 

"Sam." Wanda glared at him, shaking her head. 

"I wasn't going to say anything." He laughed. 

"Oh," I caught on to what he was actually saying, implying it was Peter's fault I was so tired, I'd been too zoned out to catch onto his thought process. "For christ sake Sam are you fifteen?" I moaned at him, throwing a chunk of my pancake at him. 

"Hey now, I'm not the one throwing food around." He chuckled, as he batted the piece of pancake away from hitting him in the face. 

He picked a strawberry off his plate and aimed it back at me, I dodged it with a laugh. "Wanda, Sam's bullying me!" I fake whined, pouting at her. 

She just rolled her eyes at me, shaking her head. 

Peter eventually came down looking tired and rumpled, he frowned at the mess Sam and I had made on the table, throwing foods back and forth, and shrugged at himself, sitting in the seat I'd left and biting into what was left of my pancakes.