Can trust be rebuild?

(Y/N) sat in front of Satoru on the bullet train with Sendai City as their destination. The questions from the sorcerer kept coming, but since there were other people on the train, they couldn't talk openly, making it simple for the barwoman to answer truthfully. But there was a question that the man was itching to ask.

"You have an encrypted file in your computer. What does it contain?"

(Y/N) wasn't expecting that he had snooped through her computer, but then again, it shouldn't be surprising. Although she didn't want to admit it, it looked like Gojo never had completely trusted her. It didn't matter now, anyway. The information she had stored away had no importance now that he knew her true identity.

"It contains things that are important to me. Photos of my parents, a copy of my documents, in case I lose them, and the information I have found till now about my parents' death."

The white-haired man nodded. Once he had access to the file, he could confirm the truth of it. Before that though, he hoped to hear from Masamichi first. Gojo had asked his former sensei to make a background check on the sorceress. There should be a report on why she had been classified as a curse user. If she was telling the truth or not would determine the decision he would make about her destiny.

*

A few hours later they were observing Satoru's student.

'I think his name is Megumi?' (Y/N) remembered vaguely.

Wondering why they stayed hidden, (Y/N) looked at the sorcerer. He looked composed, a ghost of a smile on his lips. She knew that for them to be there, Satoru must be concerned for his student, but he surely wasn't showing it.

'He acts so cold as if nothing would affect him, but it's not true... or is it?'

Wanting to know more about the man, to understand him better, she asked: "Won't you tell your student that we are here?"

With a big smile, Satoru answered her:

"Of course not. Megumi can handle this on his own."

With his short answer, (Y/N) couldn't conclude anything about his motives, the only thing she knew was that the little trust she had gained as Yuna was gone. He wouldn't trust her that easily again, or maybe never. So after a while, they left the teen and checked-in in a hotel.

The next morning, (Y/N) woke up in her bed. Looking around, she saw Satoru in his own bed on the phone. If the man had slept, then he had awoken some time ago, because he was already in his uniform.

"... Ok, thank you again Yaga."

It was strange for the woman to wake up two days in a row with the same man, but the situation this morning was completely different from the previous one. Yesterday, she had woken up in his arms with a crazy woman ringing his doorbell. Today, they didn't even share the same bed, their relationship or whatever they had, was ended.

Still groggy from sleep, she had no control of her thoughts or emotions as she usually has during the day.

'What we had wasn't even real, so get your shit together (Y/N). Maybe this was even for the best. I mean, he hasn't killed me nor handed me to the higher-ups yet. He even took me to help out his student. If I play this right, he might help me.'

After he ended his phone call she said: "Good morning Gojo-san."

With the loss of his trust, she thought it would be better to use his last name again.

"Good morning." Satoru greeted her back. "Go get yourself ready to leave."

*