One.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

I reach over to my night stand blindly searching for my phone to silence the alarm. With a groan I roll out of bed and make my way towards my bathroom on the other side of the room. About halfway there I notice I'm still holding my covers and drop them on the floor. Flicking on the light I pause in front of the mirror and take in my appearance. My long wavy brown hair is extra bed-headish this morning, the Italian freckles covering my nose stand out more on my sleepy face, and my hazel green eyes look like they agree with my body thats screaming GO BACK TO SLEEP. Thoughts of why tons of guys find me attractive and girls who are jealous of my looks always seem rediculous when I look at my reflection. Rolling my eyes at the adverage face staring back at me, I turn on the water for my shower and check the time on my iphone.                                                        

6:46. Shiz. I pull off my pajamas and jump into the shower. I rush to wash my hair and body and quickly shave my legs but accidently cutting them three times. I grab a towel off the hook and wrap it around myself. Grabbing my toothbrush and putting the paste on it while looking for the hair brush. I brush my teeth and hair at the same time. When I'm done I run into my room and spot a pair of jeans thrown on my desk chair and tug them on. In the closet I find a white tee with 'love' written on it from Forever21 and throw that on as well. Grabbing two mismatched socks from my draw I walk down the hall and bang on my brother's door.

 "Come on Kennedy wake up! You have 20 minutes before we leave for school." I yell. When he doesn't make a sound I open the door and start tugging on his covers. "Alright EJ I'm up go away." He moaned. "Jeez Kennedy now." I say as I turn on his bathroom light and start the water for his shower; then I walk out shouting "Let go. You don't want to run out of hot water. Do ya bud?" This earned me a "bitch".

Back in my bathroom I put some product in my hair to scrunch it, and some powder on my face, a bit of nude colored eye shadow, some mascara, and a little bit of eyeliner.

 7:11. I grab a pair of black Steve Madden boots, my D&G purse, and my school books and run down stairs to the kitchen. I grab two mugs and pour coffee into them with a splash of whole milk for Ken and leave mine black. In the pantry I find a package of blueberry Poptarts for Kennedy and a peanut butter Chewy bar for myself. When I throw them on the island in the center of the kitchen and sit down Kennedy comes down the stairs and joins me. We sat there in silence as we ate our breakfast and when we were both finished he nodded towards the front door. We got up and put the mugs in the sink and made our way to the door, grabbing our jackets and his car keys on our way out.

"Pumped for today EJ?" Kennedy asked while we were getting into the car.

I rolled my eyes at him and sarcastically reply, “I’m ready for a Kent Denver Country Day.”

Plugging in my IPod and playing ‘My Heroine by The Maine' as I text my best friends Savannah, Sammi, Hunter, and Rex to tell them we were on our way to pick them up. Sammi was first, then Savannah. Were all singing along to my IPod and Kennedy was tapping his fingers to the music on the steering wheel when we pulled up to Hunter and Rex's house. When Hunter got to the car he told us that Rex got a ride earlier and is already at school.

When we turned the corner Kennedy spotted his friend Nick walking down the street. He turned to me and said, "EJ go into the back with your friends and tell Nick to jump in the car," I've only met Nick a few times even though he is always at my house.          

You see Kennedy and Nick are in a band together called Close the Distance. However they really aren't that good of friends. Kennedy is a senior in high school. He's uber popular because he's the caption of the varsity lacrosse team, vice president of the school, and he plays the guitar in his band. We both have the same freckles and eye color; except his hair is black and he is six feet three inches tall. Nick on the other hand is only a junior, and hangs out with a select few friends. He sings, plays the piano, guitar, bass and drums; but in the band, he is the lead vocalist and plays the guitar. At around six foot, athletic build, dark brown eyes, almost black shaggy hair, and an amazingly white smile with adorable dimples, he is very much on the wanted list at Kent D.