The Tall Lady and the Three Daughters

Start from the beginning

"Now, you have fun now, too, ya hear?" He mocked, chuckling as he turned on his heel, mounted the carriage, and prompted the horses to carry him off into the night.

"We're gonna have lots of fun." giggled the redhead, her smile the widest of the daughters as she tugged at your arm, dragging you along the pathway towards the castle.

"Not if I get to him first," the brunette chimed in, her own grip on your other wrist tightening and pulling, almost like she was trying you get you away from the other.

"Who said either of you get the first turn?" the blonde interrupted, frown etched into her face as she tangled her fingers into the collar of your shirt.

"Enough," drawled Lady Dimitrescu, voice barely more than a bored mumble, but it still had the daughters zipping their lips. "Bela, you are the oldest, and less likely to break him before your other sisters get a turn, so you may have the first turn."

The blonde grinned brightly while the other two scowled but saying nothing in front of their mother. Your eyes couldn't decide where to stay as you glanced between all four women as they finally led you through the entrance of the castle. You noticed that the temperature didn't really increase from taking shelter, the walls giving off their own chill to substitute for the lack of outside wind.

You didn't even have time to marvel at the interior before Bela was tugging at you with renewed eagerness. You caught the slight growl from the brunette's direction, but one glare from the Lady and it ceased. What the hell was really going on here? You never had time to process anything before sister after sister said something that left you reeling.

"Aww, his heart's racing!" announced the redhead, her eyes wide and unblinking as they stared at your chest. "Please let me-"

"Daniela, no," snapped Lady Dimitrescu sternly, her frown lines on display. "You will be last, and that's that."

Daniela's face twitched in her attempt to bite her tongue to prevent her argument from bursting forth. It didn't stop her from turning and giving the brunette a glare however. You gasped when her body dissolved into a swarm of bugs before your very eyes. They dispersed and flew this way and that, and you honestly don't know why it still shocked you when the brunette followed the same exit style. A nose pressed against the side of your neck and you jolted so hard that you nearly broke free of the hand that was now caressing your shoulder.

"Such a jittery, little thing," whispered Bela so quietly that her following inhale was louder. "Though I hardly smell the sweet scent of terror... Is this one broken, mother?"

You couldn't help it, you had to chuckle at the complete honesty in Bela's question. Your lack of fright baffled this girl almost as much as she baffled you altogether, and suddenly you were staring each other down. Her eyes were narrowed suspiciously as she cut her gaze up and down your body. Even Lady Dimitrescu arched a finely sculpted brow at you, seeming more interested now than she did among the other Lords.

"Mother Miranda assures there is nothing special about this one." said Lady Dimitrescu.

"Why do you not fear me?" demanded Bela, almost sounding offended, her grip on your shoulder tightening. "Your heart is pounding but you aren't oozing that smell that I like!"

"It's kinda hard to fear death when you don't even care about living anymore." You deadpanned without much feeling, your eyes finding the ground more interesting. "Heisenberg rid me of everything that made me who I used to be."

"And just who were you before my dear uncle dug his claws into you?" pressed Bela, and you refrained yourself from showing any outward reaction to their connection. You swallowed as you looked her dead in the eye now.