"You have done very well so far. You can be proud of yourself." Felix complimented

"Thank you, it does take effort but I feel like I can concentrate on it and still pay attention to what is going on around me. So what happened to Maylene?" Hopefully that...girl...is dead.

"Ripped apart and burned while in pain caused by Jane's gift. She really has accepted you as somewhat of an older sister. Her and Alec both have."

"That's sweet of them. Speaking of bonds, Felix, while I do feel a want to be with you, I don't know if I actually can as I barely know you." Leona felt a little bad for the guy.

Felix looked at her with an assuring look. "I can understand your point and I've had a couple of days to think of what to do. So how about we use tonight to get to know each other, and once we are better acquainted, I will take you out on dates? You know like humans do. And hopefully I can earn my place in your heart that way." He proposed.

"You are willing to wait and take things slow?" Leona wondered.

"Yes. I have waited for you for a long time, a little more won't hurt." he shrugged.

It made her smile in relief. "Then mr Volturi, I shall accept your offer." And so the two spent the whole night talking. Just before sunrise, they returned to the castle. While Charlie was waking up and having breakfast Leona made sure she fed, without leaving a trace of her new diet, before finding her father.

"Hey dad, how was your night?" This time they were talking in the gardens. There was a small pond with a bench to sit on in the shadows of a big tree and watch the fish swim around.

"I had a lot to think about. But surprisingly it just clarifies a few things I wondered about." Charlie answered.

"Ready to hear the rest?" She prepared to tell about what happened around Bella's birthday and why Bella had been so depressed.

LeonaPoV

"Doubt I ever truly will be, but tell me anyway." I did as told and while I explained Bella's birthday disaster, I also made sure to explain my theory about Jasper's gift. Charlie was a little upset that both of us had been in potential danger over a mere papercut but he realized my idea did have the possibility to be right.

My theory about why Bella was depressed was hard to grasp for him as humans don't usually feel as deeply for someone as Bella does for Edward. "Dad, Bella was born for the supernatural world. While her desire to become a vampire might come across as selfish, especially with how fast and how willing she drops everyone who cares for her, Bella was always meant to be one. From what I understand after talking to Marcus, Bella's bond with Edward was nearly as strong as the same one between two vampires. Only her being human is what makes it weaker."

"Is that why she dropped everything to go here, dragging you along?" He asked.

"Yes though I had no idea I was to be used as a way for them to get away safely. Which was Alice' idea by the way." She had seen me meeting my mate but if she had just discussed things with me beforehand, I would have probably been less against it.

"Tell me about this place." I did just that. Explaining the Volturi being the kings of the vampire world who are to protect the secret existence of vampires from exposure to humans. Charlie was a bit embarrassed for his attitude towards the royals but I assured him they were merely impressed with his fearless attitude.

He had laughed at how fitting my 'gifts' for the Cullens were, making the vibe less tense. "How did you get turned into a vampire? I thought you said you wanted to get through college first."

"I did. There was this lower guard named Maylene, who was jealous of how I got along with the high guards and the kings. I was told about being mated with Felix and having sisterly bonds with the twins. when I left to think it through, I was attacked by Maylene whom stabbed me several times. The guards and Marcus found me and Felix told me that he was the one to turn me under guidance from Marcus as I did say a life threatening situation would be the only way they were allowed to change me sooner." I explained.

"What about your diet?" He had probably been hoping I would follow the Cullen's choice.

"I do drink human blood but don't feel like I need it as much as I was told newborns need it." Honesty was best.

"What's this, sister? trespassers in the gardens? how dare you peasants be here!" a woman spoke interrupting the father and daughter time I was enjoying. From the paintings I could figure out who they were. The Queens. Athenodora and Sulpicia. And their eyes were black from hunger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I should change my minimum length of my chapters from 1000-1100 words to 1400-1500. I keep making my chapters longer usually by accident as I get lost in writing this story.

As always let me know what you think and have a nice week!!