The Marauder's Map

Start from the beginning

"We don't hate each other….anymore. It's complicated. We're sort of friends now. Look, I'll meet up with you later." Claire said.

"Alright, we'll be in the library," Hermione replied.

Ron groaned. "The library? It's so boring—"

Claire didn't stick around to hear their conversation. She walked out of the Great Hall and headed towards the dungeons. Just as she was about to follow the steps that led to the dungeons, Jason came up them.

"Oh, hello, Claire," Jason gave her a small smile.

"Hey, Jason." Claire said.

"What did you need?" Jason asked.

"I just wanted to say thanks for what you did back there. I hope you didn't get into too much trouble. You really didn't have to do that. Now you've turned your whole house against you." Claire said.

"We're friends. We stick up for one another. And as far as my house turning against me, I could care less." Jason said. "Don't worry about the punishment. Malfoy got detention and I was let off."

"Really?" Claire raised her eyebrow. "I thought Malfoy was Snape's star student?"

"Apparently, he's not." Jason said.

"Well, thanks again, Jason," Claire thanked him. "I guess I'll see you later."

When Jason was gone, Claire remembered about Harry. She headed to the hospital wing. Harry still seemed a little depressed.

"Hey, Harry," Claire greeted him with a smile.

Harry smiled back to Claire. "Hey, Claire,"

"Everything all right?" She asked.

"Yea," Harry said unconvincingly.

Claire raised her eyebrow. "Ok, Harry, you and I both know that's not true. I know that you're upset about not winning and your broomstick but I have a feeling that's not the only thing that's troubling you."

Harry sighed. "There's two things that are troubling me actually. You remember what Professor Trelawney said?"

Claire groaned. "Harry, you can't be serious. You're worried about the Grim?"

Harry nodded. "The thing is I think I saw the Grim—again."

Claire rolled her eyes. "Don't you think you're being paranoid?"

"This is the second time I've seen it Claire! Every time I saw it, something bad happened. The first time the Knight Bus nearly ran me over and when I saw the Grim at the game I fell fifty feet off my broom!" Harry exclaimed.

Claire could see where he was coming from but she thought that he was just being paranoid.

"Well, you know what they say, once is chance, twice is coincidence, and third is a pattern." Claire said.

"What if it happens a third time?" Harry said.

"Then I guess you can be worried then." Claire replied.

"Thanks for that," Harry said sarcastically.

They were silent for a few moments.

"What was the other thing that was bothering you?" Claire asked.

"The dementors," Harry replied.

"I don't blame you." Claire said. "They aren't the greatest things."

"Yea, well it seems I'm the only one who passes out around them. And—" Harry cut off looking a bit more depressed.

"And what?" Claire asked.