Hogsmeade, Tea, and Conversations

Start from the beginning

"Hermione," Claire began, "are you sure you don't want to drop some of your courses. I mean it's only been a month and I can see the stress getting to you already."

"Claire's right Hermione." Ron said. "Maybe you should drop a few classes."

"No," Hermione shook her head. "I'm fine. But I promise if I can't handle the pressure I will drop some of my courses, ok?"

While Harry was at Quidditch practice, Claire and Ron decided to play Wizards chess while Hermione was catching up with her schoolwork. It had only been twenty minutes since Harry had left for Quidditch practice when Professor McGonagall came through the portrait. She walked over to the bulletin board hanging up a piece of paper. The students in the common room sent curious looks towards the paper. Professor McGonagall cleared her throat before turning her attention to them.

"The first Hogsmeade trip date is now posted. I must remind you in order to attend you must have your permission slip signed by a parent or guardian and you must be in your third year. I will be collecting your slips the day of the trip."

When she left, the whole common room seemed to be buzzing with excitement as people went up to the bulletin board to find out the date. Claire, Ron, and Hermione went to go check out the dates.

"How exciting." Hermione said, reading the paper. "It's the end of this month on Halloween."

"Finally," Ron said. "Fred and George always brag about how fun it is. Now we'll get to see what all the buzz's about."

"Let me know how that goes," Claire said disappointed.

"Aren't you going?" Hermione asked.

Claire shook her head. "I tried to get Ron's parents to sign the permission slip and let's just say I don't think my eardrums will ever fully recover."

"Why won't they let you go?" Ron asked.

"Isn't it obvious, Ron?" Hermione said. She then whispered, "It's because of Sirius Black."

"So," Ron began, "it's not like he'd try something with all the people at Hogsmeade."

"It didn't stop him from murdering thirteen muggles in open air." Claire muttered.

Just then, the Gryffindor Quidditch team walked into the common room. Harry went over to Claire, Hermione, and Ron to see why everyone in the common room seemed to be excited.

"Hey, Harry," Claire greeted him.

"Hey," Harry said. "Why does everyone seem excited?"

Harry noticed that Claire seemed disappointed as Ron told him that Hogsmeade weekend was coming up.

"Excellent," Fred said, who had overheard their conversation. "I need to visit Zonko's. I'm nearly out of Stink Pellets."

"Oh," was all Harry said. "Hope you three have a good time."

"You're not going either?" Ron questioned.

"No, the Dursleys didn't sign my permission form." Harry answered gloomily. "And what do you mean that I'm not going either? Who else isn't going?"

"I can't go either." Claire said. "Ron's parents wouldn't sign my permission slip because of Black."

"Why don't you two try and get Professor McGonagall to sign it?" Ron suggested.

"Ron!" Hermione said. "They're supposed to stay in school."

"And besides the forms have to be signed by a parent or a guardian." Claire added.