Diaries and Valentines

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Because it talks back to you," Claire said. "You see, Tom is a memory trapped inside this diary."

Confusion was plastered on both of the boy's faces.

"Just trust me," Claire said.

Harry looked around the room and noticed no one was in the common room.

"Alright, let's get this done quick before someone comes down," Harry said.

Ron and Harry watched as Claire wrote in the diary.

Tom, I have Ron and Harry with me. You can tell us about the Chamber of Secrets now.

Harry and Ron watched amazed as the words faded and then new words appeared on their own.

In my day, the Chamber of Secrets was said to be a legend, that it did not exist. But this is a lie. In my fifth year, the Chamber was opened and the monster attacked several students, finally killing one. I caught the person who'd opened the Chamber and he was expelled. But the headmaster, Professor Dippet, ashamed that such a thing happened at Hogwarts, forbade me to tell the truth. A story was given out that the girl had died in a freak accident. They gave me a nice, shiny, engraved trophy for my trouble and warned me to keep my mouth shut. But I knew it could happen again. The monster lived on, and the one who had the power to release it was not imprisoned. And from what you've told me, it has been opened again.

"Well, ask him who did it?" Harry said.

Claire wrote this to Tom.

Who was it last time?

I can take you inside my memory of the night when I caught him.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Ron said.

"This could be are only chance to figure out who opened the Chamber the last time," Harry said.

Tom's words began to appear on the page.

Let me show you.

Claire looked at Ron and Harry waiting for them to tell her they were ready. Claire had a bad feeling about this for some reason but knew they had to find answers. Harry and Ron then told her to go ahead.

OK.

The pages of the diary began to blow as though caught in a high wind. Suddenly, a bright light came out of the book and enveloped them. They were pitched headfirst into the light and the next thing they knew their feet hit solid ground. Their vision at first was blurry, but then their vision focused. They were in a torch-lit corridor. Up ahead they spotted a boy who looked to be sixteen with jet-black hair.

"That must be Tom," Claire said.

"Riddle," they heard a voice behind them.

They turned to see a fifty year younger Dumbledore.

"Professor Dumbledore," Tom Riddle greeted.

"It's not wise to be wandering around this late, Tom." Dumbledore said.

"Yes, Professor. I suppose I just had to see for myself if the rumors were true." Tom replied.

"I'm afraid they are, Tom." Dumbledore said with a solemn look on his face.

"About the school as well?" Tom asked. "They wouldn't really close Hogwarts, would they, Professor?"

"Headmaster Dippet may have no choice, I'm afraid." Dumbledore said.

"Sir? What if it all stopped? What if the person responsible was caught?" Tom asked.

Dumbledore looked quizzingly at Tom."Is there something you wish to tell me, Tom?"