She Who Haunts Me.

SHE WHO HAUNTS ME

        Mom was dead. There was nothing I could do about that harsh reality.

        Dad had found her body, I was at school.

        He told the police that he had found her in the basement. I didn't hear anything else because Dad saw me and asked a policeman to take me away. He didn't want me to hear what had happened to my Mother. 

        Yes, I knew she was dead, I knew someone had killed her, but he didn't want me to hear how she died. 

        Why? Had she died gruesomely? Was she raped? 

        The very thought brought tears to my eyes. 

        A few minutes later, I  heard one of the officers telling someone that there were signs of a robbery, and a robber had possibly killed my Mom. 

        A robber had killed my mom? Was that true? Well, whoever it was, I sure hoped that they burned in Hell forever. 

***************************************************************************

        It was my first night without Mom. 

        I felt so lonely, so... lost.

        What would I do without my mother? My dad worked all day. My mom was the only one who kept my company when all my friends weren't there. 

        I looked at the clock in my room. Twelve O' Clock, and I hadn't fallen asleep yet. I doubted that I would ever sleep again.

        I got off my bed and went to the kitchen. I needed some water. 

        Imagine my shock when I saw a woman standing in the kitchen. 

        Her back was turned towards me, so I couldn't see her face. 

        She was wearing a white nightgown, and her skin was extremely pale. Her silky black hair glimmered and she was extremely tall. 

        I was extremely horrified, but I gathered up my courage and walked up to her. 

        'Excuse me, bu-but who are you,' I stammered. 

        I walked up to her and put my hand on her shoulder, but my hand grasped thin air. 

        I gasped in complete horror. 

        The woman spun around. 

        I didn't know her (thank God). 

        She was crying, and as she cried, more and more blood seeped from the open wound in her neck.  

        I spun around and ran straight to my room and pulled the covers over my entire body.

        I heard someone crying. And suddenly, someone grabbed me.

        I screamed in horror and pulled the covers off my body.

        There was another woman next to me on the bed.

        She had short red hair, and was wearing an office worker's suit. 

        She sort of glimmered, too, and she also had a cut across her neck.

        I jumped off the bed. Before I could leave my room, the door slammed shut behind me. 

        The woman on my bed and the woman I had seen in the kitchen appeared in front of me. 

        'Leave me alone,' I stammered in complete fear. 

        I noticed another woman had appeared. 

        Mom...

        The third woman was my mom! 

        She too, had a cut across her neck. And she also glowed like a ghost.

         'No,' I whispered.

         Suddenly, my bedroom door opened and my light glowed on.

         The women disappeared.

         'What's the matter?' Dad asked.

         'I-There...' I was left speechless.

         'Are you okay,' Dad asked in concern. 

         'Mom... She... I saw her,' I said shakily. 

         'What?' Dad asked surprised. 

         'She was dead. She had a cut across her throat!' I cried.

         'Oh no,' Dad said sadly.

         'We have to help her. Help her to move on,' I said.

         'I was afraid you'd find out,' Dad said.

         'Wh-What?' I asked surprised.

         'You found out about my hobby, just like your Mom,' He said, a dull look in his eyes.

         'And now, I have to stop you from telling...'

         Before I could scream or speak or do anything... he brought the knife he was holding behind his back and pulled the blade across my throat.