After a five minute debate that consisted of her standing in front of the mirror and wondering how she should do her hair, she decided on brunches. She divided her hair up into two sections and using two black elastics with blue coloured balls attached, tied them into low ponytails that lay on her shoulders.

"That should do it!" She exclaimed, examining her handiwork proudly. Noelle had wanted to add in the red ribbons she had gotten for her birthday but decided that would make her seem too standoffish- not to mention she wasn't sure if it was allowed in the rules and she did not want to find out by Hibari chasing her all around the school.

Glancing at the thin wristband watch on her arm, she saw that it was nearly eight. School wouldn't start for a bit, but it wouldn't hurt to leave now to check what class she was going to be in.

And it would be nice not to always be rushing for class before the last bell would ring like she always did she was still alive.

0000

"Angel gene?" A ten year old Noelle asked as she sat on the grass cross legged.

She was sitting in the huge garden in the Serafin estate surrounded by trees whose leaves were gently blowing in the wind accompanied by the sound of birds chirping. This was usually where she went for her Serafin history lessons since her teacher who taught her their history preferred the great outdoors rather than teaching in a stuffy room.

Sitting in front of Noelle was a woman with shoulder length blonde hair even lighter than her's that it could be white and hazel green tinged eyes. She was wearing a white dress with a ring of flowers on her head, also sitting cross legged. If there was only one word that could be used to describe her, it was that she looked like a hippie.

"Yes." The woman said. She was Noelle's teacher in Serafin history; something Noelle found fascinating to learn. "It's what we use to explain our different... body physiology."

Since they had already died, their bodies in the world they went to complete their trials was a bit different than those of the actual living. It was a reminder that while they weren't entirely dead any more, they weren't fully alive either.

They were more durable, so pain wasn't a concerning factor but they also had to be careful about it. That meant they had to fake many of their injuries being more serious than they actually were.

Many people in the mafia world were already interested in the Serafin and it didn't need to be said that they should give any more reason as to why they should be scrutinized by those greedy eyes. While Vongola may have been the most powerful famiglia in Italy, the Serafin were known as being the most mysterious not only in Italy but the entire world.

"Can we get killed?" Noelle asked.

"No." Her teacher replied. "But that's another factor working against us and something we especially have to be extremely cautious about."

"Huh?" Noelle looked surprised. "But if we can't get killed, doesn't that mean we're likely to complete our trial since we're basically guaranteed not to kick the bucket?"

"Yes. We don't die until our trial is completed." The woman nodded. "But if we're struck fatally and are still alive, how do we explain it to those who witnessed us surviving a fatal blow?"

"Uh..." Her teacher had made a very good point. Exactly how would she be able to explain getting shot in the heart and walking around like nothing ever happened?

Noelle thought about it for a few minutes and came to the conclusion that she would not be able to bluff her way out of that one.

"So how do we depart from this world after our trial?" Noelle changed the topic since she wasn't able to get an answer to her previous question.