-°.*✧ ᴏɴᴇ

☆°.*•~✦ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴏғ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢɪɴɢ ✦~•*.°☆

・━━━━✥♡✥━━━━・

       It was pitch black, the unwanted blanket of darkness wrapping her with its suffocating presence. The box, or whatever she was in, was cushioned with soft stuffing and had it just been her lying on the comfort of her bed, she would never want to leave. But it wasn't the case this time.

        The girl had no recollection whatsoever of when or how she got stuck in here. Hell, she still couldn't make out what the thing she was trapped in even was. She raised her hand right in front of her and squinted her eyes, trying to at least attempt to see the outline of her fingers. But sadly, the absence of any light made it absolutely impossible for her to see anything in front of her other than pure darkness.

        Why couldn't she get out of this tiny and confined area? There was hardly room for her to move, which restricted her in every way possible. The panic that heaved her chest up and down burned her lungs, and the clothes donned on her made everything just a bit harder to breathe.

        This was bad. Very bad. Multiple what-ifs circled the girl's mind. What would happen to her if she couldn't find a way out of here soon? Her mind was all messy, nothing else running through her head besides the immense and hectic fear.

        She desperately pushed her fists on the sturdy wall that kept her trapped in this nightmare of a place. Yet, no matter how much she shoved and pushed, nothing would budge. It was hopeless. Maybe the situation would have been better if she could stay calm and think it through, but how could she when the first thing she saw being closed in pure darkness? 

        She couldn't help the tears that welled up in either corner of her eyes. It stung her eyes, streaming down the sides of her already warm face. She would yell out for help, but the ability to speak suddenly decided to fail her at the moment. The only thing left she could do, was to try and pry her way out hopelessly. 

        After a long night of sitting through the dorm sorting students and settling down the countless arguments that had broken out between the students, the man was exhausted. Of course, as the principal of Night Raven College, such complaints shouldn't be something he should think about, but he was still human, too. Regardless, he somehow managed to survive yet another year of the ceremony. 

        Just as the man crossed paths with the Gate Room, several loud thuds scared the wits out of him. Now, he should not have been startled by some small noises; after all, this school was huge. There were bound to be random noises everywhere, especially when it was the first day of the school year, but those banging sounded different from the typical 'just-the-wind' noises, and it didn't seem like it came from a random animal either. It sounded...almost desperate. Did someone try to sneak into the school grounds again? Surely they couldn't have made it all the way in without him spotting them, not to mention the top-notch security surrounding the school.

        Curiosity might have killed the cat, but the satisfaction brought it back. The man found himself cautiously making his way towards the sound, and before he knew it, there he was in front of one particular floating coffin. It was sealed shut with a faint outline of glowing green magic. He furrowed his brows in the utmost confusion with an underlying sense of worry.

        Was a student stuck in there? It seemed highly unlikely, though, if it was one of the attendees of Night Raven, the unique key should've unlocked the Gate right away as soon as the student arrived and woke up. But that didn't seem like the case.