Seize the Day

Have you ever dreamt of something ethereal?

Something majestic?

That something we can’t ever forget about. That one dream plastered in our heart and soul. That one dream that makes us want to dream more… to see that person again. To at least bond with that person in our dreams.

Most of our dreams are about our loved ones, the things that we are afraid of, nightmares, love stories, fantasies, weird dreams and erotic dreams that we can’t deny.

But what if I told you that dreams can be true? Can be real?

That you are not that delusional. And you’re just misunderstood.

“Lucas, wake up!”

When you’re in the middle of your dreams and your mom shouted those words. Panira. We’re about to kiss!

“Luke, ma l-late kana” she said with a high tone.

“Yep, coming”

Pero ang totoo, gusto ko pang matulog. Usually 6 a.m ako tinatamaan ng isang magandang panaginip. To a poging college student like me, it’s weird but I love having romantic dreams. I’m a strictly ‘No Girlfriend Since Birth’. I’m too focused on my goals. Being a civil engineering student is hectic. And being a scholar is much more.

Not to brag but girls are flocking over me.

Sino ba naman kasi ang hindi mahuhulog sa deans lister, volleyball player, football player, basketball varsity, appealing at poging katulad ko? I received too much compliment because of that.

But this one time. Everything suddenly changed.

“Lucas Arizo!” bulyaw sa akin ng aming guro sa p.e “igalaw mo ang katawan mo, this is a folk dance you're about to perform! Not a human robot or statue. Palambutin mo katawan mo!”

I forced myself to dance because she asked me to.

Kahit sobrang lambot na ng katawan mo kaka-kembot, mababa pa rin ang markang ibibigay sa iyo. I just endure all of the shouts and grunts of our adviser. As if with that she would change the way I sway and move. She said I should stick to sports than dancing. She offered me a grade of 82 to leave the group so I will not ruin anything. But I refused. I need a higher grade to pass in a higher university, that grade 82 can not do anything.

“Lucas” salubong sa akin ng pinsan kong si Andrew. He is also on my team. Theo, Hector, Eli, Frenz, Andrew, Lucas—which is me, Conor, Oliver, Nestor, and Sandy. In short THE FALCONS. Our team is known for being competitive and because we are consists of handsome players.

“Buddy! Napagalitan ka nanaman ni Ms. Clemente?” salubong din sa akin ni Theo at inakbayan ako “mamaya lang sa akin yun si Ms. Clemente, bukas hindi na yun makakalakad” pabiro n'yang saad. Him and Andrew both laughed. My face went blank when I did not find the joke funny at all.