New World (prologue)

"Uhgg.. my head.." Steve groaned as he woke up in the middle of a field. "Where, am I? What am I doing here?" Steve wondered as he quickly got up.
Steve walked around until he came across a tree. He had no idea why, but his instinct told him to hit it. He punched the tree and a single log from the trunk just fell off, leaving the rest of the tree floating in midair. "Okaaaay..?" Steve thought as he picked up the log. "I guess this is happening..."
Steve kept on going until he came to a village. He tried communicating with the villagers, but it soon became clear to him that they couldn't understand him. However some did understand he needed help. He ended up leaving the village with a few loaves of bread and an iron sword that the villagers gave him.
It wasn't long before night fell and Steve was alone, traveling in the dark. He soon found himself face to face with a horde of monsters. He tried to fight them off, but they overpowered him and he had to run to avoid dying. The monsters stayed close behind him though. Zombies growled, creepers hissed, skeletons shot barrages of arrows, and spiders gnashed their fangs together.
Soon, Steve was backed up against the side of a cliff and it looked like the end. Suddenly, a flaming arrow came out of nowhere and stuck into a zombie's forehead. The zombie looked stunned for a few seconds before it dropped dead. Steve looked into the direction the arrow came from and he saw a hooded figure standing in the doorway of a small cabin.
"Well don't just stand there! Get over here, now!" The figure said as they nocked and fired another arrow. Steve quickly sprinted to the cabin and the figure pushed him inside, then shut the door.
"Thanks..." Steve said, out of breath. "I would've been dead meat without you."
"No problem." The figure said, removing their hood to reveal long orange hair and forest green eyes. "I'm Alex, by the way."