Chapter 8 - A Date With Another Girl

Comenzar desde el principio

"You know that it might cause a trouble if people recognize you, right?"

"But, still. I want to go out and have fun around the city. Please, I'll wear some disguises."

"Still—"

Since I was looking at them, Mister Aikawa felt my gaze and switched his attention to me. I guessed that I should not bother their conversation, so I made my intention clear and quick.

"....Mister Aikawa, thank you for having me here. I'll be going now."

After I spoke, I turned to the door to leave. However, Mister Aikawa called me back with a voice like he got an interesting and brilliant idea.

"Hey, Yozora-kun. Come here for a minute."

".....don't want to."

"Hey, come on. Just listen first."

"....seems like a hassle."

"I'll be quick with my next draft, so help me out."

"....fine."

Since having him do his work faster would help me out a lot, I figured that I would not be bad to hear him out. I walked and sat on the other sofa to listen.

"Yozora-kun. You know this city quite well, right?"

"....well enough to know some places."

What brought this up? I did not walk around frequently but I did know many places since my memory was good and I had a considerable sense of direction. What about it?

"I've got something to ask."

"....I refuse."

"You seriously have to learn how to listen to another person before refusing."

Since it was Mister Aikawa, he probably would give me a troublesome matter for me to solve. I refused before he could even explain what it was. Miss Furuya seemed to have an idea though what he wanted to say and it looked like she was skeptical about it since she had a difficult expression.

"Can you guide her around and show her some places?"

"Uncle, why do I have to go with him? I can just go on my own. No need to bother him."

"He can be something like a bodyguard in case anything happens."

Miss Furuya mentioned that she wanted to go alone which made me feel glad but Mister Aikawa was adamant on me accompanying her.

"...fine, I'll go with him. Let me prepare myself first in my room."

She gave up easier than I thought. As she stood up and left the living room, Mister Aikawa once again turned his attention to me.

"I know I'm asking a lot from you but can you please do it?"

"...she said she's fine alone. Why should I?"

"Well, you see. That girl has a special circumstance which does not allow her to do what she always wants to do. She rarely can go out and play like other people. If someone recognize her, troubles will arise and everyone around her will be troubled. Come on, please do it for me."

As much as I felt like it was only troublesome, I decided to accept since I did not want Mister Aikawa to be asking me each time he talked to me. I breathed a sigh as I raised my hand in defeat.

"...fine, I'll treat this as thanks for letting me sleep at your place. Until when do I have to walk her around?"

"At latest, before night falls if you can. Seriously, I really appreciate this. Thanks."