omg the reveal

Começar do início

"Yea,, I do..." Jared was looking away from Evan and if he wasn't blushing before, he definitely was now.

"I-"

"...Is there something wrong with that?" Jared choked out, tears threatening to fall.

"W-what? N-NO! I,, w-was just supRISED! C-cause it s-seemed so u-unlikely!"

That hit Jared hard. Of course Evan was surprised that Jared liked him. Jared had treated Evan like actual shit since they were eight. Now Evan was supposed to believe that Jared actually cared about him?

"Yea...i guess it would be unexpected considering i've been treating you like shit."

"W-what?! No! T-thats not it at all! I w-was surprised b-because i uh..k-kinda l-like you too? I mean i didn't really know that i liked you" Jared turned his head to look at Evan, "but then you were really nice t-to me t-today and you looked really cute when you were explaining stuff about spla-"

Evan was cut off by Jared kissing him. Jared. Kissing. Him. Was this a dream? Evan was surely dreaming. I mean, Jared ferning Kleinman was kissing him, and holy fern it felt amazing.

Jared didn't know why he kissed Evan. Maybe it was on impulse. Maybe it was because he knew he could do it with no regrets. Maybe it was both. Either way, Jared was damn well glad he did it.

Of course Evan knew that it wouldn't last. He and Jared still had a lot to talk about. Like does Jared have two strings as well? Or is it just eva- and HOLY FRICK Jared's lips were soft. Like REALLY SOFT. we're talking about your skin after taking a bath with a bathbomb soft.

Evan felt Jared move a little closer, so he returned the action. They were there kissing on the edge of Evans bed for who knows how long.

When the kiss ended. Evan and Jared spent a good 5 seconds just staring into the others eyes, still comprehending what just happened.

"Well that's not what I expected to happen today."

"Y-yea"

"That was fun though. We should do it again sometime." Jared winked at the end

"W-we s-should...umm w-when did your l-lips become so s-soft? Like t-they werereallysoftanditfeltamazingbutlike,how??"

Jared blushed at the compliment, but internally panicked, for that was one secret he might never tell anyone. Lets just say Jared has very interesting choices in his snacks.

"A good man never tell his secrets fufu"

"I c-can respect t-that."

A pause.

"Tch, sitting on the edge of your bed is boring."

"J-jared,what are you doing o-o"

Jared flopped down backwards onto Evans bed, and dragged Evan down with him. They were now lying on their sides facing each other, their knees touching.(woAH- you know its a serious relationship when the knees are touching)

"This is better lol"

"Y-yea..."

Holy fern. Jared was acting like they were dating even though they literally just confessed their feelings to each other a few seconds ago, and Evan was loving it. It was really great, being able to skip past the uncomfortable awkwardness, and just enjoy this time they had together.

But, just like that kiss, Evan knew it wouldn't last. There were things they needed to talk about. Like why was Jared so mean to him? What was the deal with the strings? So many questions that Evan needed answers to.

"Hey J-jared?"

"Yea Ev?"

"So, since we're s-soulmates, d-does t-that mean you have t-two strings as w-well?"

Shit. That was the one question Jared was praying Evan wouldn't ask. He hoped that maybe he would be able to ignore that lie a little longer, and just cuddle with Evan. yet, even if he did manage to avoid it, he would have to spill the tea eventually. So it's probably best that he did it now.

"Yea I do. The day I got my strings, i had been aware that most people only had one, for example my moms. So i was scared to tell them I had two cause they would think i'm weird, so I told them i only had one. Everyone believed me so I kept the lie going. Doing whatever it took to make sure no one found out the truth." As Jared confessed all this, he felt that guilt plant that had been growing inside of him for 6 years, slowly start to decay. It felt amazing, he no longer felt the weight of the plant and instead felt more free.

"W-wow. T-that explains a lot."

"Yea...sorry for treating you like shit, and lying, and so many other things.

"I-its ok, we c-can clear t-the slate and start over." (ONLY US REFERENCE GO BRRRRR)

"Thanks Ev.....Should we tell your mom we're in a relationship?"

"N-no- I think we should w-wait until we find who our other strings connect to, plus i don't think im ready to tell my mom like boys..."

"Alright Ev."

Evan gave Jared a small smile that made Jared's heart flutter. It was amazing because Jared could blush at Evan's cute antics and not worry about keeping it a secret. It was pretty much everything Jared had ever dreamed of having.

Word count: 1,394

So yea, Jared and Evan finally smooched <3

also, if yall have any recommendations for this fic, please tell me lol. i need ideas.