𝐱𝐢. NERD WRESTLING

chapter eleven, nerd wrestling

 DEAN COBB HADN'T SEEN MUCH OF HIS ONLY DAUGHTER LATELY

... DEAN COBB HADN'T SEEN MUCH OF HIS ONLY DAUGHTER LATELY. It always seemed she was in a rush, excuses like cheer practice now that she was captain or hanging with newfound friends he had yet to meet. She even skipped out on training or hunting some of the time. That wasn't the normal Amelia he knew. Amelia used to impatiently wait for the school day to end so she could train with her father. When Dean tries to bring up a conversation with her, she just mumbles up a response before going back to what she was doing. And the rare times she did train, she did it by herself.

It was hard to figure out what was going on in her head. Dean realized after making her new friends who she didn't even spare their names, she distanced herself from the job she was trained to do sense birth. Slaying.

Dean sat with a cup of coffee on the island counter in the kitchen. His eyes examined the local newspaper in his grasp as he heard the padding of Amelia's shoes against the hardwood floor making their way towards him. Amelia appeared in the doorway, no cheer uniform on and her bag slung over her single shoulder as she shuffled through the cupboards for food.

"No cheer today?" Dean inquired, gaze remaining in the newspaper. Amelia grabbed a bowl, cereal and the jug of milk out onto the counter. Amelia responded with a plain, No. "So, does that mean you're free to train after school?"

It was a good thing he was looking at the newspaper cause if his gaze was on her he's see her shoulders tense as she poured the milk into her bowl of cereal.

"Uh, I'm hanging with a friend at their place."

Dean rose an eyebrow, looking up. "Again? You've already missed tons of training, Amelia. You know how I feel when you do that."

"I know and I'm sorry." Amelia told him sincerely, stirring her bowl of cereal with her spoon in deep thought. "It's just a study group thing. We got some big tests coming up and we've been helping each other out."

Dean watched her movements with narrowed eyes before slowly nodding. "Alright, fine. Can I at least know your friends name?"

"Sarah."

𝘀𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗿, benny weirOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara