Part 01

No ones POV for now:

————————————————————————

It was the 16th of July, 2021, 9:08AM, when George was awoke by a loud knock on his door followed by someone shouting at him.

It was Karl. One of George's bestfriends. They had only met a few months back when they first started working together but it felt like they had known each other all their lives.

George groaned before tossing the covers off of him and rolling out of bed. He scouted through his wardrobe wondering what he should wear that day before deciding on his usual light blue hoodie and denim jeans.

Once he was done getting dressed he sighed before opening his door and heading towards the kitchen, he sat down at the counter and took out his phone before someone creeped up behind him and shouted "BOO!" Making George jump a little. He immediately spun around and was met by Alex (also known as Quackity) laughing his head off. George just rolled his eyes. "Very funny." He said in a sarcastic tone before getting out of his seat and walking to the fridge, looking for something to eat.

He eventually just decided he would make cereal instead and sat down to talk to Karl and Alex to see what they were doing that day. Probably just the same thing they always did. Wake up, go to work, come home and sleep. Then repeat.

————————————————————————

George POV:

Karl and Alex seemed more cheerful then usual. Don't get me wrong, the pair never ran out of energy and there was never a dull moment when either were around, but still they did seem a little bit more cheerful this morning.

Karl and Alex both looked at each other before turning slowly to look at me. They both stared at me for a few seconds before bursting out laughing and finally telling me what was up.

"Today's July 16th George." Karl said practically jumping up and down in his chair at this point.

"Okay, and?" I responded, still quite confused.

"You are such an idiot." Alex said face-palming.
"Do you seriously not remember what's happening today?"

"No?" I responded. I scratched my head trying to think of any special events happening. It was the middle of July?"

"Today's the day that we finally get to time travel!" Karl really was jumping up and down in his seat now.

"Oh shoot." I had completely forgotten. We had done months of research preparing for today and I had completely forgotten.

I must've sat there in silence for a few minutes at least while I thought about what events would unfold today, because Alex and Karl started laughing their heads off again before Alex said we were leaving in 10 minutes and they both left to get whatever else they needed.

I sat there for a few more minutes before I realised I was just wasting time sitting here, so I immediately got up and ran to get my phone and any equipment needed.

————————————————————————

Time skip to when they arrived at their office/work place.

————————————————————————

George's POV:

I don't think I've ever been this nervous in my life.

There's so many things that could go wrong. and I swear I had listed every single outcome of this situation by now.

Either way I sighed. Me, Karl and Alex were all sitting on a sofa as we watched our co-workers get the time-machine up and running.

We would be travelling to the year 1985. Which is exactly 36 years ago.

I sat there thinking about all the things we'd see, all the people we'd meet, and just about how different things would be in general.

We'd only be there for two weeks and we were told it was for research purposes only. What did we need to research you might be wondering? We had no clue. They just told us to take as many photos as we could and to try and learn what it was like back in 1985.

My train of thought was broken as they all shouted over at us that it was time to travel.

Oh god.

Me, Karl and Alex stepped onto the platform and pulled our helmets over our heads. Why we needed helmets? We didn't quite know either. They were in charge of this whole situation and we were just the ones being used to test their time-machine. Sure we helped do the research but we rarely got told anything.

An unfamiliar man stepped up and started explaining some extra details about what we would see and what would potentially happen to us. I was only half listening but Alex and Karl nodded in understandment so I figured if I needed to know anything they could just tell me.

Finally, the man handed us each a small contraption, with a small blue light and one big red button surrounded by glass.

"When you see the blue light flashing that's when you know that it's safe to come back. You don't have to come back in exactly 2 weeks, you can stay anywhere between 2-3 weeks but that's all. After 3 weeks if the machine is still working and is not broken, it will automatically bring you back here. You cannot come back if it is broken so you need to take care of it. I wish you all the best of luck." Was what the man said before turning around and heading towards some large buttons and switches nearby.

Everyone wished us luck and me, Karl and Alex got into position.

We nodded towards the man, and he immediately started pressing buttons and pulling switches all over the place.

Suddenly everything got a lot brighter and the three of us had to close our eyes in fear that we would be blinded if we kept them open. It kept getting brighter and brighter until eventually it felt like I was falling, and instead of getting brighter it was now getting darker.

Much darker.

And then out of nowhere the feeling that I was falling stopped. And it felt like I was laying on a patch of grass. My head ached. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around me. Everything looked different. I was no longer in my office building, but instead in a town. A rather old fashioned looking one. And that's when it hit me.

It had worked.

I was in 1985.

————————————————————————

(A/N)
So I know this isn't good at all, but to be honest I'm just writing this because I like writing and I'm just honestly doing this for fun. Anyways if you're reading this thank you so much! I love you and hope you're having a great day/noon/morning/night <3