So yes, there was a part of her that felt slightly out of her depth here, she was the perfect killer it was true but she wasn't exactly the perfect spy, so she had to make due with glimpses in the dark, trying desperately to find a weakness at face value only to realise that the Bastard of the Barrel held his cards very, very close to his chest...and so her eyes had turned from him, to his little crows.

Most specifically, the sharpshooter with loose morals and even an even looser gambling addiction who seemed to be a sucker for any sort of pretty face and that's where some semblance of a plan finally took place in the haunted shroud she called a mind, and with a dark smile painting her hidden features concealed by a mask, The Stranger delved into the darkness of the night, and finally allowed Gwen Rietveld a chance to breathe...at least until she was ready to be taken over once more.
________________________________________________

Mornings in Ketterdam were dull, gloomy for lack of better word with cloudy skies and a thick dredge of filthy air stuffed to the brim with something no one ever could truly place that churned thickly and filled you to the brim with tension. Gwen hated mornings, despised them actually because as soon as the sky would begin to lighten it seemed the demon she called a cat decided that if he was awake then she should be to, and would do so by seemingly trying to smother her by laying his overweight body over her face until she gasped awake choking on cat hair.

It didn't matter to him that she was insomniac and hardly got enough sleep to function as a human being anyway, the only thing he cared about was when he'd be getting fed, and that usually came with his fat head ramming into her ankles with screaming cries leaving his gaping mouth as Gwen finally stood, grumbling under her breath as she rubbed the heel of her palm against her puffy eyes that were already sore to begin with.

"Shut up, what does it look like I'm doing, you greedy little monster?" She seethed, exhausted and already on edge as she wandered into her too-small kitchen, bare feet absorbing the cold floor into her goosebump encased body but all she allowed herself was a mere second to shiver before she reached the counter and began dumping some disgusting smelling sort of fish into the bowl as Scuffy meowed and squirmed around her legs, bushy tail brushing against the scars of her calf muscles.

And the moment she placed the bowl on the ground he was set upon it like wolves to slaughter, causing a grimace to curl around her upper lip as she watched him in disgust, quickly moving away from the small creature when she noticed how dirty his face was becoming as he smashed his face repeatedly into the food and not wanting any of that filth to touch her, lest she spends hours scrubbing her body in the shower until her skin was raw and the waters turned pink.

Gwen gave herself a moment to breathe, running her hand through the dark strands of hair that hung lightly over her eyes with a grunt before leaving the kitchen and wandering out into the hallway and back up the rather damaged stairs that creaked and groaned with her every step until she was finally standing on the landing, heading straight for her room and slamming the door behind her as she slumped on her small cot tiredly, palms rubbing down her face as she tried desperately to fight off the urge to simply pass out.

If she went back to sleep now, there was a large chance she'd simply spend the whole day sleeping, and she couldn't have that, not with what she had planned for later on.

She had to be her best tonight, because she only had one real chance at this, one chance to be seen, to be seen as something desirable, to make an absolutely incredible first impression or else her plan would all go for shit and she'd have no choice but to kill the Brekker boy without the mental torture she was forced to implant in her mind from Eddard Nobles picky orders and only get half the payment she was owed because of it, and she was putting herself through all of this stress for the same thing that everyone wanted, kruge.