Cormac makes a brilliant save once more, The Quaffle bounces off Ron's head. Hermione looks on extremely nervously. Two fifth years collide in mid-air.

The survivors press ice packs to their heads, run tap round twisted fingers. Only Ron, hovering at the west goal, and Cormac, hovering at the east, remain on the pitch. Luna, Spectrespecs in place, eyes Cormac cool, confident, clear. Then eyes Ron sweaty, nervous, swarming in Wrackspuarts.

"All right. Cormac." Harry said trying to hide the disgust in his voice, after hearing what he said about Y/n, Yeah Harry was jealous of Fred but he wouldn't try to do anything to break them up. "Ron. It's down to you two for Keeper. We'll decide it with a shootout. Demelza, you'll bring the Quaffle up against Cormac. Ginny, you'll take on Ron." 

"Hang on. She's his sister. How do I know she won't toss him a floater?" Cormac asked looking over at Harry. 

"Piss off, Cormac. How 'bout I toss you a floater?" Ginny shouted turning to him. 

"Quiet! I'm Captain. We do it my way. Now line up. On three. One. Two... Three!" Demelza and Ginny rocket forth. Ron weaves nervously while Cormac hovers in place, a confident sneer on his face.

"C'mon, Ron..." Demelza hunkers over her broom once again, flying like an arrow, then goes into a wide, sweeping slide. Ginny blasts over the pitch, ginger hair streaming like flames, then rolls recklessly to the side. As one, they both let fly.

Hermione, face buried in her fingers, mutters something,  Cormac, at the last moment, inexplicably rolls his broom to the right and the Quaffle sails over his shoulder. Ron, zig-zagging crazily, nearly falls off, rights himself in a panic, and deflects Ginny's Quaffle with his forehead. 

As a few partisan cheers erupt from the stands, Harry grins, then has to restrain himself. Hermione opens her eyes slowly to see Y/n looking over at her, "Don't tell anyone, he needed this..." 

Y/n nodded, "secret safe with me-" Y/n said turning back to the crowd looking over at Harry who turned away from her. 

"Isn't he brilliant?" Hermione stares balefully at Lavender, then notices Cormac eyeing his broom incredulously. She gets up, slips away followed by Y/n. 

The two made it onto the pitch, Y/n wrapped her arms around Harry in an embrace, "See...worried for nothing" She spoke softly before letting go. 

"Yeah..." Harry uttered letting go of her waist.

Harry scans his Potions book. Hermione peruses the Prophet. Ron cracks walnuts, pitching the pieces into the fire, Y/n sat next to Harry writing everything she could think of about Creatures for a book. "Have to admit, thought I was going to miss that last one. Hope Cormac's not taking it too hard." 

Behind her paper, Hermione rolls her eyes, "You were going to get it anyways" Harry mumbled looking down at the book. "...I mean you're brilliant at Quiddich..." 

"Has a bit of a thing for you, Y/n...and Hermione. But Mostly Y/n...Cormac." Ron mentioned looking down at the two girls. 

"He's vile." Ron considers this, then glances across the room at Lavender.

"I'm dating Fred," Y/n mentioned, looked down at her book in almost a mumbling tone. 

Harry turned to Y/n also considering it before looking back down at his book. "Ever heard of this spell?" 

Harry points to a notation in the margin underlined three times: "Sectumsempra. For Enemies." Hermione frowns, Y/n furrows her eyebrows at the word. "No, I have not. And if you had a shred of self-respect you would hand it back in" Hermione mentioned turning to her newspaper once more.