𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧.

Start from the beginning

"S-so much...the baby coming out didn't end too well...I don't know al-a-lot but...he lost a ton of blood..."

‼️

third pov

Kairi soon gave the older boy the duffle bag which thankfully, had a change of clothes in it for Mattia and Nano.

"The house was trashed when I went...I just thought something else happened...but-but at least there's people helping the both of them now. They're gonna be just fine." Kairi said from outside the stall door as Mattia changed, Kairi holding Nano in his arms as he snored.

"I don't know...it's been three hours, and not a word from anyone...I'm no doctor but that can't be good." Mattia said, tying his sweatpants tighter before opening the stall door, apologizing when it grazed Kairi's shoulder and pushed him forward.

"But they're both strong...remember how hard she used to kick Ale when he was only a few months? She's like a mini karate kid in there..." Kairi laughed, nudging the older boys shoulder.

"I know...but she's so little, I don't think it's normal for them to be that little...my baby...she's like the size of a hamster, Kai." Mattia replied, shoving his old clothes into the duffle bag and throwing it over his shoulder.

"But she's a fighter...they're gonna be just fine."

The boys walked back to the waiting room, Nano still in Kairi's arms as the short boy rocked him back and forth.

Once again, Mattia was a nervous wreck, chewing on his nails until they bled, biting his lip and doing the same.

"Family for Alejandro Rose-erio?" A doctor called.

Mattia's head snapping up before he stood to his feet, raising his arm. "It-it's Rose-ario, but yes. That's me." He stated quickly, walking over to the much older woman. "Hi, I'm Dr. Finley, sorry but I have to ask, what your relation to Alejandro?" She questioned, folding her hands in front of her, still holding a clipboard

"I'm Mattia Polibio, he's my husband...the doctors said they were gonna take him into surgery when we first got here, but we were with Dr. O'Neal before. A-and no offense but she's more familiar with Alejandro's pregnancy so I think we'd prefer her." Mattia told her, feeling bad because he appreciated all the help Alejandro was getting but he didn't want him to feel uncomfortable around some new doctor.

"Oh, I'm just assisting on Alejandro's case, Dr. O'Neal is with him right now, I just came out to tell you that he's doing much, much better...we got him into surgery as soon as he arrived, and we did a blood transfusion, seeing the large amount he lost with the baby and the injury to his foot." She told him.

Mattia sighing in relief as his eyes watered, looking back at Kairi who gave him a thumbs up.

"That's great, th-that's amazing." Mattia felt like he could finally breathe, just knowing that his family was okay was all he needed to feel better.

"He's out of surgery and we don't think he'll need one again. We stitched up his foot and the third degree tear...so that needs to heal. Especially his hips, with all the pushing, he injured them so he won't be able to walk on his own for a few weeks at most...there was a slight problem with the placenta, which caused him to bleed out so much. But everything is under control." She gave Mattia a nod.

Even though all of that sounded awful, all the mattered was that Alejandro was okay. And it was likely he wouldn't need another surgery! That's all Mattia could hold onto.

"Great...a-and our baby? How is she?" He questioned, pulling at the hem of his shirt nervously.

"She's doing fantastic. Everyone in the nursery is calling her 'small but mighty'"