Chapter 1

"A fork? Really?" She asked, disgust and amusement in her voice.

"Well, you did say you could use any weapon I chose to get the job done, now didn't you." The fat man sitting across from her smiled smugly.
"Yes. I said any weapon. This is a utensil." She said, impaling the fork into the table.
"I can do a lot, but this? No." She said, crossing her arms.
"Fine, but I simply must tell you. The...uh...client I told you about is extremely important and powerful. He might have some interesting things on his person." He said, his beading black eyes glittering.
"I thought you'd have a curiosity for it. Ah, well." He moved to stand and his body guards came to his side.

"Ugh. Fine, I'll do it." She groaned, rubbing her temples. She could just feel the headache she was going to get from this.
"Splendid, Ms. Innes. So glad you reconsidered." He said.
"But on one condition." She held up on long, reptilian finger. She saw fear flash in his small eyes.
"Name it." He said, voice filled with false bravado.
"If this poor guy has nothing I like, I hunt you too." She offered. His chubby face scrunched in concentration, weighing the odds.

"Fine. Just get it done." He huffed, standing and waddling out of the room rather quickly. She snickered when he had left. There was just something so satisfying about clients who feared you. She pulled the fork from the dark wood of the tabletop.
"Fucking ridiculous." She muttered, standing and sticking it into her belt aside other assorted weapons she had collected. She stretched and walked out of the private meeting room. She had a new target.