Lewis Hamilton (10)

Start from the beginning

The drive there is short but it felt like eternity with my nervous increasing with every meter we got closer to the Silverstone racing track. Once parked, we get out together and make our way to Toto. We wave at everyone, smiling at paparazzi who were obviously gonna spin the fact that myself and Lewis were romantically together since we arrived together. Just another reason for people to make it seem like I only got here for being a slut.

"My two favorite drivers!" Toto exclaims as I chuckle. He gives us a hug and ushers us to his small office. "So, you two are gonna be on two different strategies today. We want you, Y/N, to practice the conserving tires strategy whilst Lewis you're gonna be working on speed." Toto says as we nod. "Great! I'll see you two out on track in an hour. Right now, go warm up and get your head in the zone." Toto says as we nod, thanking him.

Myself and Lewis exit the makeshift office and walk to our drivers rooms which are next to each other. "You're gonna do just fine, Y/N. I have faith in you. I know Toto is making you do the conserving strategy because he wants you to get a feel of the car." Lewis answers as I nod, "I know and I'm grateful for that. I definitely need to work more with the car." I say as he nods. "See you out there, Y/N." he says as he engulfs me in a tight hug. "See you there."

-

"Nice driving out there today, Y/N. You obviously weren't first for either practice session, but you conserved your tires very well. We are proud. In practice three tomorrow, we will see if we can increase your speed whilst conserving your tires." Kyle, my racing engineer says over the radio. "Copy.' I answer before pulling into the garage. "Nice work out there, Y/N. Go get dressed and then you can do your interviews." Toto says once I'm out of the car.

I thank him and walk to my drivers room, slipping on my previous outfit before making my way to the interviews. There were a bunch of drivers all around with all different reporters. My assistant rushes over to me. "Hey Angelica." I say as I give her a hug. "Hey hun. Ready?" She asks as we make our way to the first reporter. I nod my head as I smile at the reporter. "Hey Y/N. How are you doing love?" The reporter, John, asks as I smile.

"Very good and you?" I ask as he chuckles. "Very good, thanks for asking. About today, it's obviously your first actual practice in F1. Are you happy with the result with only coming in P12?" He asks as I nod, "Very pleased actually. We got our strategy down perfectly. We just have to finalize it tomorrow." I answer as he smiles. "I'm very glad. Is everything going well with the car?" He asks as I nod.

"Very good. The car felt great and it was nice to race a few guys for practice matters." I jokingly say as we all share a small laugh. "Some of the fans weren't so happy with that unfortunately. Has the hate been getting too you?" John asks. I sigh, "Yeah it has, but I definitely don't focus on it. It's challenging but I mainly focus on the positive words." I say as he nods with a small smile. I see Lewis stand next to me, obviously waiting for my interview to finish so he can get interviewed by John.

"And what is your comment to everyone saying you can't race because you're a girl?" John asks as I chuckle. I go to answer but Lewis quickly cuts me off, "Sorry to butt in but it's a lot of rubbish. Just because Y/N is female it doesn't mean she can't do what I can do. She is an amazing driver and if anyone says anything otherwise, they are just lying to themselves." Lewis finishes as the interview nods with a chuckle, "I'm very glad to see the teammates so close to each other."

-

Hours pass with the same interviews over and over again. The only interesting was the Dutch reporter who taught me some Dutch words and we sang a little song with each other. I make my way to the drivers room, seeing Lewis outside with Toto. "I know you like Y/N, but you can't say stuff like that during her interview. It's probably gonna make this situation a lot harder. She is already getting hammered for being in the team, but this is gonna make it worse because people are gonna assume you're sticking up for her because you two are sleeping with each other." Toto says lowly but still loud enough for me to hear.

"Oh, Y/N. Nice job out there. I'll see you two tomorrow.  Toto quickly says before rushing off. Lewis doesn't have a smile on his face, showing his anger. "I don't mind you standing up to me. I thought it was very nice if you." I say as I walk towards Lewis. He gives me a smile, "I'm glad. I'm sorry you had to hear that.' He says but I just shake my head, "I'm kinda glad because now I at least know you like me." I say, sending him a wink.

His cheeks turn pink but I just pull him into a hug, "Thanks for sticking up for me." I say as I feel his hands rub my back gently. "I told you, I have faith in you. It's not right the hate you get." He says as we pull away. "Wanna grab dinner? It's on me. It's the least I can do for you standing up for me." I say with a shy smile. He nods his head, "I'd love that very much." He says with a wide smile.

*****

I desperately needed to write a Lewis imagine. I haven't for forever so now y'all have it. Stay safe lovies xx