CHAPTER 2

Chihoon and Woonggi were chatting happily as Jerome left the bus and came towards his best friends. The youngest was jumping around and danced a variety of girl group choreographies, while Chihoon stared at him dumbfounded. Seeing this dance duo from afar, Jerome knew he probably had more luck than Chihoon, who was forced to dance with the hyperactive youngest puppy.

»Why are you late again?« The oldest, scolded Jerome and faced away from dancing Woonggi.

»WHAT? I took the same bus I usually take?« The tall blonde boy approached the others at a quicker pace with a confused look in his eyes.

»It was just a joke. But guess who is very excited for today's first dance class...« He pointed at Woonggi who was still mumbling some lyrics and continued dancing. Looking at him, Jerome's lips formed a bright smile.
»I am happy for you guys. You at least don't have to dance with some random student« He broke his smile and tried to seem as sulky as the day before.

»You don't seem that frustrated though. As I said, you will get along with anybody!« Chihoon stated while making his way to the entrance of the building - the younger ones following him automatically. Instead of approaching the staircase as they would usually do to get to the classrooms, they headed to the back of the building to the gym. Excitedly chatting about choreographies they want to dance on their way there, absolute silence was crawling through the changing room, which was filled with numerous students as they entered. The atmosphere changed in a glimpse of an eye, and the three best friends looked at one another with confusion and uneasiness. Without talking, they looked for empty space for them to change into their dance clothes and witnessed other students leaving the room one by one slowly.

»What's happening here?«, Woonggi whispered and looked around the changing room, seeing some familiar faces.
»I guess many of them got a random dance partner they don't get along with...«, Chihoon chuckled jokingly, but for Jerome it seemed like the truth. He felt the same aura from the students he had himself yesterday. Frustration.

»Well.. are y'all ready?« Woonggi screamed happily, not caring about the startled few males still changing into their clothes.

»Yup!« Jerome answered with the same energy as they started leaving the room to enter the practice studio. The first semester was full of normal, boring classes and PE classes instead of dancing. But entering the studio and seeing the enormous space they had including the biggest mirror they had ever seen they became even more thrilled and excited. While one of the walls was covered with a mirror, the other one had big windows, allowing every single sunbeam to soak the room.
Slowly the students started interacting with each other and babbling filled the room after a few short minutes. As soon as the teacher entered, he introduced himself as Mr. Lee and proceeded with some basic information about the upcoming semester. The males automatically formed a half circle around the teacher as he started to read out the dance duos again.

»Kwon Jihoon and Jang Yaejun...Jo Chanhyuk and ..Song Donggeon...« The list seemed longer than it looked on the website, and Woonggi and Chihoon started chatting quietly. Jerome couldn't relate since he needed to be focused to see who his dance partner is. The students that have been called out already stood next to each other to be recognized as a duo and chatted brightly. The atmosphere seemed to have changed into a happy mood, probably caused by the sunlight.

»Choi Chihoon and Cha Woonggi..« Both left Jerome's side as their names were pronounced to head near the mirror. Again the sorrowful feeling haunted Jerome as he was standing alone with a few students left in front of the teacher. He started to take a look at his potential dance partners and was able to recall a few of the faces.

»Lee Jaeyun and Choi Jisu..« The last two of his mutuals left their side with some familiar faces remaining. Jerome remembered seeing them in the cafeteria at the same table along with the grumpy guy he bumped into. Glancing into the room, Jerome spotted exactly this guy behind the other males, still waiting to be called out.